Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Red Kite
Beginner

Venue invoices

Red Kite, 25 of June of 2013 at 10:48 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello everyone,

After a quick bit of advice - I have just recieved our deposit invoice and contract for our venue. It is the first time that the venue has started to 'manage' weddings, as in the past they just hired the barn out and you could do what you wanted. Unfortunetly they then jumped on the wedding band wagon (we were literally a couple of weeks too late) and now they want to micro manage everything. Which is irritating but bearable.

Due to this they are very 'new' and I frequently get the feeling that they don't know what they're doing. We will be their first 'package wedding', although we have managed to guide them so much that it's everything we would have done anyway, just annoying that it all has to go through a third party. I am quite organised and careful with this sort of thing so am scrutinising the contract and making sure I have everything in email or letter format. At the start the 'wedding planner' said she would send us an itemised invoice, which I have requested a few times now and it has never turned up. Instead we have a 'running order' of the day with various notes on it (all typed) and a more general 'hire contract'.

So what I would like to know is what did you receive from your venue when you booked - did you get an itemised bill, a list or just a simple contract? My main concern is that we have been charged a 'lump sum' without knowing the basics such as how much per head the reception meal is costing. I'm a little concerned that they have just pulled the final cost figure "out of the air".

Thanks

RK

4 replies

Latest activity by Red Kite, 25 of June of 2013 at 12:56
  • A
    Beginner December 2013
    animalmad ·
    • Hide content

I received a breakdown of individual costs as a quote when I enquired, then again when the booking was confirmed, so I know exactly how much each aspect is costing ?

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

You should have an itemised cost somewhere.

Usually (not weddings, speaking from general event experience) you receive your 'function sheet' (running of day in this case) which includes everything cost wise too.

For example

2PM - Serve Cold Drinks (@50p per can, limit to 200 cans) or similar.

But if yours is a lump sum, I guess it depends why you want it itemised? Is it because you might end up wanting more / spending more?

Or is it just to see whether they have pulled a figure out of the air or not?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

We received a complete breakdown of every item, with every detail spelled out and totted up.

For example, a section of our invoice:

4 pm, guests seated for speeches and toasts

Number of people: 64 (64 adults)

Item

Number

Cost

Chenin Blanc, Freedom Cross

25 bottles

£456.25

Pleno Tempranillo, Navarra

15 bottles

£273.75

Tap water

Jugs on table

NA

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all for replying so quickly and with helpful responses.

We've got just over a year until the wedding and have finalised main meal and dessert although are waiting to have 'starters' tasting to choose a starter. We currently have 100 people for the reception breakfast but we are considering increasing the number to 110 and that's why I'd like to know the cost per head - so can work out whether we can reasonably afford another 10. I think it's probably an odd position as we are supplying part of the main meal (pies) and they are effectively 'buying them' from us - altthough they have all the costings for it and are providing all the cooking, side dishes etc.

Maybe it's a case that we've just not finalised all the details yet. I will keep on at them for a breakdown or at least the cost per head so we can make the decision whether to invite more people or not. Phew and I thought packages were meant to be less complicated! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics