Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2024 Hampshire

Venue Issue

Sophie, 4 March, 2024 at 12:08 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 1

We are getting married in November 2024 and when we first booked our venue (December 2022) the coordinator was fantastic we basically booked because of her (and the venue is stunning!)

I didn't hear anything for a while as expected as we booked quite far in advance but when i did email I was told the coordinator had left which was a bit annoying to not be told.

Since then I am not happy with the service, trying to get booked in for a meeting is impossible as they are always busy and Saturday appointments are hard (we live 2 hours away so it has to be a weekend)

Eventually we booked a call for today at 11.30. by 11.40 I had not heard anything so called the venue to be told the coordinator was not even in today and had to take the day off! barely an apology.

Am I just not getting much back as the up-coming weddings and summer weddings are a priority? Or should I still be getting more service than this? It is starting to worry me that I have booked the wrong venue :/

The package includes a 'dedicated' wedding coordinator but I do not feel we are getting this currently!

Also we were told the menu tasing has to be on a set date on a Monday evening which really doesn't work for us due to the distance but there was no flexibility on this.

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 8 March, 2024 at 11:17
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds really bad - while they may be busy preparing for weddings in the near future, that is no excuse for booking an appointment with you on a day when the person you are supposed to be seeing is not even working!

What are the terms of your contract?

I think it would be worth sending a letter firmly pointing out that the service you are receiving is not acceptable, at the very least.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics