Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2022 West Central London

Venue minimum numbers

Asr, 13 of February of 2022 at 07:29 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi,

I emailed the venue stating it was for 120 guests. The venue replied offering me X room. I asked what about the ballroom? The lady said I could view it.
When I went to view the ballroom and the other room, I once again told the lady it’s for 120 people. She herself gave me ideas on table layouts for 120 people in the ballroom.
Few days later she got me to me regarding availability. I agreed on a date and asked to book ballroom for 120 people. Only at this point she told me there was a minimum of 250 people for the ballroom but I could instead have X room. Or pay for 250 (food spend instead).
Both those options are not viable as it is way out of my range. I booked X room. I only just realised when booking the ballroom, the X room is part of it.
And when X room is booked, the ballroom isn’t then hired out. On that basis do you think it would be cheeky to ask the venue to possibly let me use the ballroom considering it’ll be unused that day? Most likely they’ll say no but thought check views.

3 replies

Latest activity by Eleanor, 14 of February of 2022 at 10:32
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Not too cheeky. Those who don't ask....
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    You can always ask, no har. But if they have partitiona in the room and you do t have exclusive hire them they can potentially hire out the other space so I would ask them if that is something they may do as it could impact your event. If by the time your wedding comes around it is not jirednout then ask if they would potentially allow you to use the space, they can only say no, which they may do as there will be hidden costs for them in terms of set up and clean up of abogger space
  • Eleanor
    Curious May 2024 Nottinghamshire
    Eleanor ·
    • Hide content
    It’s so frustrating when the have a minimum number, I get they want to make as much money as possible but what if we don’t want that many people but we like the room! I’d ask, they can only say no

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics