Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

yorkshirekiwi
Beginner August 2014

Venue nightmare

yorkshirekiwi, 14 of June of 2014 at 12:04 Posted on Planning 0 1

Oh boy - hit another couple of road bumps here.

Found out last week that the Golf Club where we are holding our reception may be about to fire their steward, (or their steward may be about to quit depending on who's version of events you listen to) We have a complicated contract for our reception whereby the venue itself (and bar) is booked with the club, with a clause that says we must use their in house catering, however our contract for the food, cake, favours, and decorations are directly with the steward of the club himself. So, if he walks, we either have a caterer with no premises who cannot operate at the booked venue, and who 'owns' the catering/cake/decoration package we have booked, and will not allow us to transfer 'his' package to another provider......or we have a venue, who may or may not replace this steward with someone experienced or competent in managing functions and who's food we would be happy with, but who we are tied to using through the in-house catering clause in the contract........or they can't hire anyone in time, they relax the in-house only rule and I have to find a good quality caterer who isn't booked up in peak wedding season. YAY!

I was told I'd be informed of a definite outcome by Tuesday last week. Today I was informed that they 'hope for a resolution by this time next week'........Not quite the news I needed right now!

Fingers crossed it's all a storm in a teacup and I don't have to re-think my entire reception!

Not sure what help I'm expecting here - maybe just the chance to vent, and get tea and sympathy in return!

1 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 14 of June of 2014 at 12:12
  • SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Aargh, nightmare! Do you prefer the food over the venue or the venue over the food?

It will all work out.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear. Perhaps you could use this uncertainty to demand a change to the existing contract? Get the "own caterer" clause removed. Or ask for a full refund and re-book after you are happy that they can supply the service you require. It seems a very odd way to do business.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics