Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pinkypoo85
Beginner August 2016

Venue Numbers and Children

pinkypoo85, 14 of July of 2014 at 10:55 Posted on Planning 0 3

So we have decided on our venue and a date August 13th 2016….eeek! We are due to pay our deposit this week and also contact the registrar.

Something I wanted to ask was how your venues were with numbers and children and if they are included in them numbers. So for instance we have a package that includes 60 people in the day, 8 of which are children. We were given a separate menu for children with a different price on it. So therefor I wondered if this would mean they are not included in the 60 as that is for a full paying guest drinking alcohol etc…. I hope that makes sense?!

I have contacted our wedding planner at the venue but she is off for the next two days and I just wondered what you all experienced. If it meant they were not included in the 60 and we could just pay the extra for them which is considerably less than an adult then that would be great as we can then invite a few more to the day which we didn’t think we would be able to!

Thanks all! x

3 replies

Latest activity by sweetlikechocolate, 14 of July of 2014 at 19:12
  • Tams90
    Beginner July 2016
    Tams90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, our venue said a similar thing to yours, so I checked with them and they explained it was 60 in total, inc. adults and children. So as for the price I would assume they'd charge you for 52 adult guests and 8 child guests.

This is what our venue said but yours could be different so probably best to wait for their return and make sure 100% with them as you don't want to start adding 8 more people onto your invite list to find out in a couple days it is just only 60 people.

Hope that helps a little bit.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

The number given you for guests by the venue is usually the amount of people in total that is covered by insurance. If that is the case for your venue, it will count children the same as adults and therefore you won't be able to add extra guests.

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have a package like this. Our package is for 50 day people, if we have less than that, we still have to pay for 50. We couldnt include children in that and like you were given a seperate menu and price for them. So, we have 50 people at 95pp and 6 children at 15pp.

• sweetlikechocolate
    Dedicated May 2016
    sweetlikechocolate ·
    • Hide content

We have 70 day guests minimum not including children. I think it depends if 60 is the maximum in which case its probably including children or a minimum in which case its probably not.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics