Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Starfishmoon
Curious May 2022 Kent

Venue price secrets

Starfishmoon, 13 of January of 2021 at 22:58 Posted on Planning 6 15

Just a moan.. ? but does anyone else find it really irritating that venues don’t just share their prices on their websites?

Getting hold of costs is so time consuming and often involves long waits for replies (especially at the moment). Often venues could be ruled out instantly by virtue of their price point. Instead you have to do a merry dance of email exchanges just to see the price ? it is plain annoying!!

Rant over ?

15 replies

Latest activity by Starfishmoon, 21 of January of 2021 at 15:32
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds unusual. Most venues we looked at either had their basic wedding packages listed on their websites or emailed within 24 hours. What area are you looking to get married in?

• Stacey203
    Beginner June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Stacey203 ·
    • Hide content
    Definitely. At one point I was saying to my other half that if they don't advertise their prices then they are out of our price bracket. 9/10 times I was right! ?
  • Starfishmoon
    Curious May 2022 Kent
    Starfishmoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes!!! And sometimes I’ve had two or three emails before I’ve finally got a definitive price or I finally get a cost and then they still haven’t answered my question about date? ?

Once we finally find a venue. I’ll spend the next year unsubscribing from all the venue mailing lists ??‍♀️?
  • Stacey203
    Beginner June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Stacey203 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely, they send so many emails. I'm thinking, please just wait I'm trying to process all this info!
    Where are you and what type of venue are you looking for?
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    It’s one of the reasons we went with our venue! They were so transparent about the costs and it is all there on their website. They also had a recently written “pandemic policy” which really reassured us. Where prices weren’t listed (most of the ones we looked at) I was worried they would just make up prices based on what they thought they could persuade us to pay!
  • Yvette
    Beginner June 2023 Aberdeen & Deeside
    Yvette ·
    • Hide content
    Its taking up so much time just trying to sort this, once we have a price we can start narrowing things down, but instead of a quick email, its several emails over the course of a few weeks then to find out its too expensive.
  • Starfishmoon
    Curious May 2022 Kent
    Starfishmoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly this!

Me: Please can you tell me your venue hire cost, sample menus and information about any packages you offer. Could you also let us know if you have availability on xxxxx date. (Very clear questions)
    Venue: congratulations on your engagement, we would be delighted to host your wedding (or words to this effect). Here is a link to our website (The one you’ve already looked at to get our details) and here’s the brochure (that you’ve already seen, With no prices). Just get in touch if you’d like to know more
    Me: What is your venue hire price. Do you have catering packages? Do you have xxxx date available?
    Venue: yes our venue is for hire and I attach the sample menus with prices. Just shout if we can be of any more assistance. In the meantime please watch our 20 minute virtual tour video.
    Me: I still haven’t seen the price for hiring your venue and I’d like to know what availability you have in May 2022 (by this point I’ve given up on asking about a specific date)
    Venue: apologies, here’s the venue hire tariff. We are delighted to tell you that we have Tuesday the xx May available and also Wed xxx May. If your heart is set on a weekend we can offer you a Saturday in the month where the weather is cold and miserable and everybody is depressed. Just let us know ????
    Me to my other half: have you seen this venue it’s only £18,000 without food ???? (immediately ruled out)!!!
  • Starfishmoon
    Curious May 2022 Kent
    Starfishmoon ·
    • Hide content
    Fantastic and so exciting!!! ???❤️
  • T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally ? ? I don’t understand. It’s like they’re trying to hook you in and make you love it before you see the price and can be put off by it ??‍♀️
  • C
    Beginner August 2023 Florida
    Carol ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly my thoughts! Even before pandemic, it's always been like that, like they will make your conversation long trying to explain to you how lovely their venue is until you saw the price and commodities that came with it. LOL.

• Starfishmoon
    Curious May 2022 Kent
    Starfishmoon ·
    • Hide content
    You have to laugh ? x
  • Starfishmoon
    Curious May 2022 Kent
    Starfishmoon ·
    • Hide content

Sounds perfect! Smiley heart Now the excitement really begins Smiley ring x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles