Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Estina
Savvy October 2024 Gloucestershire

Venue pricing.

Estina, 24 of July of 2022 at 15:02 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello all,
I think I'm spiralling out of control (lots of worry) as I feel like we will never be able to afford our wedding.We initially discussed a weekend wedding in August due to time limits. We have looked at several places and for one thing or other we have gone against them. We now have a viewing for Elmore court. This seems like a good idea however I just can't workout out the pricing if we wanted to arrive the Friday and leave the Sunday. Please don't judge me but do I add all the days together and thats the price or is this just me being ridiculous. If anyone has any ideas do let me know. Equally if anyone has anymore weekend wedding venues that can host 200 people please send them my way
Thanks kindly
Venue pricing. 1

9 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 25 of July of 2022 at 09:19
  • A
    Savvy November 2022 Leicestershire
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content
    It depends what you mean. Prices are for hire of the venue on those days, so if you wanted to use the venue on each of Friday/Saturday/Sunday yes you’d add them together.

If you just want to get to the area Friday, use the venue Saturday and set off home on Sunday you’d just need to look at the Saturday price and then book accommodation.
  • Estina
    Estina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hiya.
    Thanks for your message. Perfect. We'll I guess we won't be going to look around that venue 🙈🤣
    I feel like I'm gonna end up settling for a wedding venue I don't want cos nothing fits. Never mind
  • J
    Beginner November 2023 Gloucestershire
    Jennifer ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Estina,

We looked around Elmore Court. All guests and you can stay the night of your wedding day, and there is a small annex room that the bride and her bride party (sleeps 5 if I remember correctly) can use the night before which I think is included in the cost (don’t hold me to that though!). Typically they’d have a wedding the day/evening before yours, and therefore you wouldn’t be able to use any of the other rooms aside from the brides annex as they would be used by guests of the wedding the day before!
    I’d definitely check with the venue as opposed to taking all I have written as gospel, but that’s what I remember from looking around a few months ago!
  • Estina
    Estina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What did you make of it?
    We are very underwhelmed by so many venues at the moment
  • J
    Beginner November 2023 Gloucestershire
    Jennifer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I loved Elmore House, they have lots of different areas used for different parts of the day. We didn’t end up going for it but it was definitely a strong second! Which area are you looking in?
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Hornington Manor can only have 150 guests, not the 200 you are after, but you can have that for the full weekend with some accommodation on site.
  • Estina
    Estina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    To be honest we were looking at Hampshire and Hertfordshire as that's where are families are from however nothing clicked.
    So we have branched out, especially as we have a large number of people.
  • Estina
    Estina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the recommendation,

York is very far for us to go. I know we are looking for around 2hours from London. I just think I'm asking for way too much hahah
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    For a full weekend venue for that amount of guests you are looking at a lot of money. Hornington Manor is £18k and that's venue hire only, closer to London you could probably double that by the time you add in catering etc. When we went to a friend's wedding at Hornington they did ask us to pay for our rooms if we wanted to stay on site for the weekend, so that's something to consider to help with the budget.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics