Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stacie
Beginner October 2024 Hertfordshire

Venue pricing

Stacie, 10 of September of 2024 at 13:50 Posted on Planning 1 1
Hiya

We're just over 1 month away from our wedding day and have sent over the final numbers to our venue, however they haven't really reduced our original quote by much. Our estimated numbers were 90 and actual are 84 - so 6 less, but they have only reduced the quote by £120. This would work out at £20 per person which includes a 3 course meal, evening buffet, half bottle of wine plus arrival and toasting drinks per person. It seems very low to me. We have asked for a breakdown of the quote but they have ignored our request and have asked for payment.
Am I being petty and do we just accept the reduction? Or should we go back and ask them to relook at it?

1 replies

Latest activity by Laura, 13 of September of 2024 at 00:49
  • L
    Beginner July 2026 West Midlands
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    I would check the terms and conditions of your contract. Our venue will not reduce the cost quoted. They advised us at time of booking to go with the minimal numbers. We were quoted on 80 day and 150 evening. They said if our actual numbers are below this, we would still be charged for 80 day and 150 evening.

It is likely we will have more guests, which the hotel said they will bill the additional cost on the final payment date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics