Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kirstcw
Beginner April 2025 South Yorkshire

Venue Questions

Kirstcw, 30 of January of 2024 at 10:30 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi All,

Me and my Fiancee and both our parents are off to see our favourite venue on Sunday. We're showing them around (and ourselves again) without the bustle of the wedding fayres and getting some figures set in stone.

Has anyone Barted with the figures they've been told? I know a couple are getting married at the same place, the same day just a month later (more into the spring season) and their package (next level up to what we looked at) is cheaper than ours. I'm wondering if we can tey get the same price since ous will potentially still be in the winter months.

Also, any other questions you asked or forgot to ask? If anything please let me know so I can pop it in my journal.

So far we have about setting up, is it on the day or evening before, check-in to the rooms/ bridal suite, what time can guests check in, is there a limit of hotel rooms required to get the package price.

1 replies

Latest activity by Nikkimerc, 3 of February of 2024 at 17:34
  • Nikkimerc
    Beginner May 2025 Lothian & Borders
    Nikkimerc ·
    • Hide content
    You can definitely negotiate. When we got a quote from our now chosen wedding venue we got a more expensive price per person than their standard package even though we were actually wanting way less things in our package. It started at £118 a head and we got it down to £75.50. Every venue we spoke to we negotiated getting the price down before making a decision.

It depends what it is you are looking for re questions.
    For us dog friendly all day was key not just for reception.
    Accessibility for us was also something we really had to look into.
    I wanted a venue that provided a dj as part of the package so I don't have to worry about that. So that was another question we asked.
    We want cocktails for drinks reception and had to check that with the venues as I was surprised that some wouldn't accommodate this.
    Hope all goes well 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics