Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Isabella
Beginner February 2025 West Sussex

Venue?! Too many opinions!

Isabella, 8 of December of 2022 at 11:09 Posted on Planning 0 2
I need some advice before I pull my hair out! I thought I had decided on a venue(had my heart set on it - the price was excellent and comes with a lot of things!) this venue means we can get married 2025. On seeing the venue my partner liked it and said we will think about it. This hotel has changed hands already from when I first enquired about having our wedding here. My mum said it’s probably best not to have our wedding here because we can’t guarantee it won’t change hands ago or go bust.

Now fast forward, we’ve seen another venue, it’s quite abit more expensive and means we’d had love to get married a year later but it’ll be exclusive to us and my partner loved it! Preferred it over venue 1.
Now I can’t decide which venue to use, I’m so confused and everyone’s opinions has just thrown me off. They’re both fabulous venues, the 1st one is much much bigger then the 2nd but it is outdated. The 2nd venue is smaller but it’s lovely! My only concern is that the guests may be like sardines in the evening.
Please help!!

2 replies

Latest activity by Williamhen, 19 of December of 2022 at 10:08
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

2025 is a long way off and anything can change, so whilst the venue changing hands now may be a worry you don't know what could happen. The new owners may do a refurb so it wont be as outdated, but you don't know what could happen with the other venue in terms of ownership or going bust. Is hard, as I don't want you to panic as you just cant predict the future so you need to put these thoughts out of your head and concentrate on which venue you genuinely can see yourself getting married in. If you can afford the 2nd one, you will have another year to save, I would say this is your preference from your post. The main issue I can see is the space, so I guess you really need to think about your numbers and how it would work. I would ask them to show pictures of other weddings they have hosted and what the numbers were so you can see if your guest numbers would fit comfortably. also, are there other break out areas, as if you have exclusivity people can mingle in other places so wont all be packed in to one space all evening. I hope you can work it out, take your time and weigh up both venues pros and cons before deciding

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Hey! Congratulations of findings potential venues!

I think personally, ignore everybody else’s opinions.. go for what you want. If you both had the feeling it’s the one then it probably is! If not, have a look somewhere else you both will fall in love with. How many other venues have you looked at?
    Both me and FH loved two separate venues and had that feeling, we met in the middle and went to venue something else and found that one was definitely the one hands down and booked there and then. So the one might be still out there for you yet! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics