Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Linny
Beginner October 2022 Cambridgeshire

Venue Vibes

Linny, 16 of January of 2022 at 08:00 Posted on Planning 1 9

Quick shout out to all the brides to be, where planning is taking over your life 1f64c.png🏽 #lovingit

We are going an untraditional route. Think: No cake. No rings, no speeches (just toasts), trestle tables, no table cloths, fire pit, food van for evening food. But I can’t seem to find a venue to match our vibe. A festival/forest wedding feels TOO boho and the portaloo scenario isn’t going to be great for our older guests, yet hotels and barns with the ‘mod cons’ feel too rigid and out of the box.

We are looking to marry withirn driving distance of Birmingham and Cambridge (Northamptonshire, West Cambridgeshire, Rutland, North Bedfordshire, South Lincs)

9 replies

Latest activity by M, 17 of January of 2022 at 03:17
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    Hi!
    I don't know any places in your area but have a Google for Woodside lane Sheffield and Sheffield manor lodge to get a feel for what I mean! Both are very much a blank slate but with toilets and a bar then they let you add pretty much whatever else you would like without tying you into a wedding package deal like most hotels and traditional venues do. Good luck and have fun finding somewhere! S x
  • Linny
    Beginner October 2022 Cambridgeshire
    Linny ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks S, congrats on making a solid shortlist! I will have a look at those, I had looked at a couple of DIY places but found these out of our budget. Do you know approx what the hire price is for your shortlisted venues? They seem upwards of 3k dry hire only around our region, which is super frustrating as we actually want less for our money than a package which costs less, would provided. I guess that’s the down point of not choosing a wedding off the peg!
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think the two I mentioned in my comment were about the same if not a little more than 3k, maybe closer to 4k, for the venue for ceremony and reception, grounds/gardens for photos, and access to the staffed bar for the day when we were asking about prices.
    We are trying to keep cost low too so it does seem a lot! I narrowed it down pretty early but it's still hard to pick! I'd rather have a wedding that isnt off the peg and more 'us' though so I know it will be worth it whatever we pick.
    S x

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

You have found yourself in a right little sort of no man's land niche there haven't you Smiley laugh

As you are finding its either woodland/ farmland and Portaloos or too restricted. Actually the industry refer to them as "Posh loos", and are quite nice actually and not the blue plastic things that first spring to mind.

You did not mention Leicestershire but one place that springs to mind is Bridge House Barn.

• S
    Northamptonshire
    Stone ·
    • Hide content
    Drop me a message with some details of what you are looking for and number of people and I’ll see if I can help x
  • S
    Northamptonshire
    Stone ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Www.stonesidingevents.com
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    Driveable from Birmingham but possibly in the wrong direction is Manor Hill House - think it would fit with the fire pit and food truck vibe
  • B
    Savvy April 2023 West Yorkshire
    Becky ·
    • Hide content
    Have you looked into Rustic Barn type of places? Might fit into your theme but would most likely have better facilities. Good luck Smiley smile
  • M
    Beginner November 2022 Nottinghamshire
    M ·
    • Hide content
    We're having an autumn wedding at a place called The Walled Garden, we're gonna be at the one in Nottingham but I'm pretty sure there are more elsewhere in the Midlands. Its like a garden/marquee venue but they've been super flexible about everything inc non traditional table layout, food truck, no starters or whatever just nice comfort food main meal straight after I do. Might be worth a shout. I hope this helps, good luck with your search x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics