Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2018

Venue with no ceremony license !

crao, 20 of January of 2017 at 11:23 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi Everybody,

Thank you for taking a look at my message.

I have chosen a venue which I love but does not hold a civil ceremony license. Does any body know any information or have any advice on blessings or similar which we could do instead?

We are thinking that we would like to marry at the registry office with our immediate family. Then to have some sort of ceremony and reception at the venue we have chosen. We'd like to have some sort of second ceremony like this so that we can include everybody.

I have considered taking everybody to the registry office but the reception venue is in town with no parking so logistically it would be a bit of a headache for our guests which id like to avoid if there is an alternative.

thank you for your help!

Clare x

1 replies

Latest activity by Mr_P, 23 of January of 2017 at 14:08
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

There is a simpler way forward. You can book a paperwork only meeting at the register office a few days before the wedding. You just go in your jeans.

Then you have a celebrant to do the whole ceremony at the venue.

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Mr_P ·
    • Hide content

What Paula said is kind of what we're doing.

We are doing the legal bit the week before our actual "wedding", in a church with the same vicar that will be overseeing the ceremony at the unlicensed venue. There'll be me and the fiancee there, parents and kids, it's being done after s normal Sunday service and will take about 15 minutes. We're not getting dressed up for it.

As far as the majority of guests know, they'll be seeing us get wed the week after. It'll be run just like a proper wedding, with readings, songs etc and instead of signing a register we'll sign our vows. This is happening in a field.

The date of the big ceremony will be our anniversary date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics