Skip to main content
Eli
Curious July 2022 Somerset

Venues

Eli, 23 January 2022 at 21:17 Posted on Planning 0 7
Saved
Hello again.
We are trying to get married on August this year, we don’t have anything booked as yet, my fiancé is not being of much help so I’m going crazy about every little thing, does anyone knows about a nice garden venue not too expensive I want to keep it less than 7k for the venue and the catering, is looking impossible by now. Can someone help!!!

7 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 27 January 2022 at 17:38
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·

Don't know where you are based, we are in the south and we have our venue which includes 3 course meal for 50 people, 1 drink on arrival and 1 toasting drink per person, 1/2 bottle of wine each, buffet for 90 guests in the evening ( we have 110 coming but you cater for 75% of your total usually) and our DJ all in for £6200. This doesn't include the registrar fees so remember to factor in. This is at a Hilton Hotel, which is fairly new so décor wise is neutral so doesn't need much doing to it. hotels are always a cheaper option than a bespoke weeding venue as they often don't chare for the hire of the space as it is there and not their main revenue stream, where as wedding venues have no other avenue of business so charge hire fees. If you look at hotels they often do all in packages for a fixed price, however, when we asked for the component cost of the items we actually got it down by £1200 as we have a few kids and non drinkers so cut out the alcohol cost and paid child meal prices so again is worth doing your sums and comparing all in to build your own packages.

with your date of august this year I think it may be hard to find anywhere available as so many weddings have been postponed. we booked ours in May last year for April this year and it was the only date they had until September 2023! I hope you manage to find something

• Eli
    Eli ·
    View quoted message
    Charlotte, that’s a great price for all that, thank you, I have notice that indeed hotels are cheaper at least some, I think we will go for a hotel as well, and most of them are really nice. And also most of the places are booked, we end up postponing the wedding because we did not know about “giving notice” and we are both outside the Uk and with work we cannot go back before our wedding day that was going to be our vacation time, I think is good because I will have more time to plan everything and book in advance, more options, some times is overwhelming but is good. Thank you so much for your reply and I hope you have an amazing wedding.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    View quoted message

You are welcome, sorry you will need to postpone, but maybe is a good thing as you say, gives you more time to find the right one and not just settle as it is the only place available. Ours has a lake and golf course which will make for some great pics so is worth looking at the grounds as well when you are looking. Also factor in registrar cost and the notice, as ours is 3750 on top of the venue cost, also, when you do find your venue ask them to hold your date and then call the registrars office to check they are available and reserve them before signing a venue contract. My friend signed her venue contract and then couldn't get a registrar as it was peak season and she had left it to late, so she had to get married legally the day before at the registry office, and whilst it was a lovely ceremony at the venue she always knows that wasn't her real wedding date if that makes sense! Good Luck and hop you can eventually get the wedding you want, it will be worth the wait I am sure X

• Eli
    Eli ·
    View quoted message
    Oh I’ll keep everything you said in mind, sorry if I did not understood well is the registrar and the notice 3750 pounds? WHAT!!?? I hope I did not understood correctly.
    Thank you so much, this is really good and helpful because I don’t live in the UK and my fiancé is no help at all as he hasn’t been living there for a while and has 0 knowledge about all this process, we thought was just picking a date and show up but is much more than that. Thank you very much. Have a good day
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    View quoted message

Sorry it is £750! I miss typed the £ as a 3! But yes still a cost to factor in, is not as simple to do a marriage as you may thing! good Luck

• Yorkshirelass
    Expert July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    View quoted message

God I nearly had a heart attack then when I read your comment on registrar and giving notice! We have organised the registrar and it was £650- I was then panicking that somehow giving notice was going to cost me 3 grand! Phew!

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    View quoted message
    Haha, sorry! Is definitely not 3 grand!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics