Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2016

Venues -Ceremony & Tipi

Tello84, 1 of October of 2014 at 16:08 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi everyone,

Recently got engaged and starting to look at venues. I've always had my heart set on having a really relaxed, and less formal wedding with a tipi reception. For ease I'm looking for somewhere that will also do the ceremony also. Love the barns but no nowhere that will do the ceremony, and the tipi! We are Leicestershire based and will look about 45 minutes out! Any ideas!?

HELP!

12 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 28 of February of 2015 at 18:02
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I fear that it may be a big ask around here, I can think of barn type places but all those that can also hold the ceremony are geared up for you to use the indoor facilities which would mean that you would still be paying for that and the tipi.

I shot a wedding a few years ago and the tipis were in a field behind the church.

Let me know if you need any other help or info on Leicestershire wedding venues .

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fantastic shot Bill?

• Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats kind of you to say so, although I hope Im not spoiling it by admitting that I had to photoshop out a few cow-pats and a portaloo cabin !!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No its what makes us stand out from the crowd, I would have done the same??

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Is Birmingham too far?

• T
    Beginner August 2016
    Tello84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response!

I would consider Birmingham! It is proving hard to find a nice barn/hotel that will let us use our own tipi. We need facilities onsite really for grandparents etc. Plan B is a Barn so I have my eye on The Ashes in Staffordshire, Mythe Barn in Atherstone and Dodford in Northampton as back ups! Thank you for all the responses, I didn't realise how much of a gif task this would be! Keep suggestions coming please!

I wanted a tipi as I really had my heart set on a festival themes wedding!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

It might work out easier for you to have a wedding celebrant, rather than have the registrars out. That way, you can marry anywhere, you wouldn't need licensed premises.

If you have a celebrant you go to the Town Hall/ register office and do the paperwork in a 10 min legal ceremony in your jeans. That's a usually a couple of days before the wedding.

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Unless you plan to get married in Scotland then you will either have to find a registered venue but purely for the ceremony then move for a tipi reception, or as suggested do the legal bit the day before and have a humanist ceremony in the tipi.

We are having a barn reeption on a working farm so definately not registered so having a church service followed by reception - they are only 2 miles apart so no problem really.

• T
    Beginner August 2016
    Tello84 ·
    • Hide content

It really does seem hard work to find a one stop shop so I am looking for places that have a relaxed feel to have the ceremoney. A church wedding doesn't appeal to me and my other half isn't sold on a registery wedding either! Do you know of any nice places for us to marry? I know loads of places for the tipi!

Thanks for all the comments so far. I didn't realise how hard it would be!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We're having tipis too and are just doing the legal paperwork a few days before the wedding. We're then having our own, non legal ceremony on the day of the wedding.

It meant that there were far fewer limitations in place and we had free reign of what we wanted to do or say for our ceremony. It also meant we had a far greater choice of venues and could have the outdoor ceremony that we wanted (without restrictions)

If this could be an option for you, definitely give it some consideration if you've not already. You may well have far more places to choose from.

Good luck finding somewhere ?

• Hide content

If you already have the tipi side of things sorted then I know that some of the Leicestershire wedding venues would be happy to provide the venue for the wedding ceremony so long as it was early enough and the wedding coming in after was later at a church and so that you would be gone by the time they arrive, I have seen this done at a few before.

• T
    Beginner August 2016
    Tello84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bill,

Apologies for the delayed response! Please do let me know where! Definitely worth a try!

• Hide content

Please drop me an email which you can find through my website. I may have a venue for your tipi also.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics