Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cinnamon009
Beginner December 2014

Venues in West Yorkshire?

cinnamon009, 30 of January of 2014 at 15:55 Posted on Planning 0 20

Just wondering if anyone has any winter wedding venue recommendations that aren't on the list on Hitched for West Yorks as I know quite a lot of BTB are Yorkshire based. I am looking for something like the Inn at Whitewell (if anyone knows that) but in West Yorkshire as H2B thinks it's too far for people to travel. We looked at Crow Hill but they were above our budget.

We have viewed most of the popular ones on here and not found anything that we like or is within our budget or has minimum numbers above what we want (thinking cosy/indoor/candlelight etc for about 50 people) and the usual google searches just bring up the same names. Any other ideas much appreciated. Venue budget of about £10k including catering, drinks etc.

20 replies

Latest activity by Fcheeks, 9 of February of 2014 at 19:53
  • W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Cinnamom009....a fellow West Yorkshire Winter Bride....that's great.

We looked at The Old Barn in Esholt. The upstairs could be made very cosey http://www.theoldbarnrestaurant.co.uk/gallery.php.

We have gone with Hoyle Court, Baildon but it might be a little big for what you want. https://hoylecourt.com/

With £10k you could get either one. Let me know which you go for & good luck! x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Our daughter got married at The Huntsman Inn at Holmfirth which is cosy and reasonably priced. The food is fantastic too!

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.holdsworthhouse.co.uk/

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Apologies, I pressed enter far too quickly....Holdsworth House to me looks stunning too.

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at Oakwell Hall - it's absolutely gorgeous and an absolute bargain for ceremony and reception at just £1200, you'll have to get your own caterers and a mobile bar/sort the alcohol yourselves though.

We're fortunate as BiLtb is a chef and is doing our catering (although on the day he's a guest and we're still gladly paying him for his services), we've hired a mobile bar for the day but also bought crates of Prosecco, red and white wine for the tables and drinks reception from Makro.

All in all the venue + catering + drinks will cost us at most £5000 ?

• Lottie2409
    Beginner November 2014
    Lottie2409 ·
    • Hide content

Oakwell hall is really lovely and we considered it but I know somebody who got married there so didn't want to copy

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    CoopsJ68 ·
    • Hide content

Hi , we're getting married at Healds Hall Hotel in Liversedge , fairly small hotel so probably quite good for your no.s. The package is 60 day and 80 evening guests. Your budget is a lot higher than ours so well within for you. I think Holdsworth House is lovely too , and I've been to a wedding at Oakwell Hall , lovely reception in the barn. Only been to a christening at the one in Esholt but the room upstairs is lovely :-)

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! Your venue looks lovely but you're right it would be too big for us.

We looked at holdsworth house. I was really excited before we went as the photos look fab and it looked perfect but in real life we were disappointed. The step-daughters to be said they felt like they were in a care home (no offence to anyone who has booked it!!) If we were having a bigger do it would have been great as the large function room is lovely.

thankyou for all the suggestions everyone. Will look into them all.

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

Holdsworth House is beautiful. My daughter got married there last Friday & it was amazing x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I've done a wedding at Oakwood Hall in Bingley which is a mixture of both olde worlde and modern and not too large either.

or The Great Victoria Hotel in Bradford city centre is lovely for 50 ish guests:-

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Another suggestion, although you may have already looked at it....Chevin Lodge, Otley. It has apparently its own 'lake' in the grounds which could look pretty.

• Lottie2409
    Beginner November 2014
    Lottie2409 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh yeah I forgot about Chevin. My friend got married there a couple of years ago and its gorgeous! The guests got to stay in lovely log cabins in the woods

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

You know that point when you want to bang your head on a wall.....the Chevin Hotel is literally round the corner from H2B's house and he didn't think to mention it.........

?

Good job I have hitched!!

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Ha...god love them! ?

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

You might be already sorted with a venue but I've just remembered somewhere else that we were considering.....East Riddlesden Hall near Keighley.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/east-riddlesden-hall/hire-this-venue/weddings

Let us all know where you plump for. x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I made this list while looking for my friend's venue. Many of these have been mentioned already (and some aren't on here because they wouldn't accommodate her numbers):

Venue Location Fixby Hall Hudds Blacker Hall Wakefield Taitlands Settle Oakwell Hall Birstall Pennine Manor Hotel Hudds Craiglands Ilkley The Old Barn Esholt Rowley Manor Hull Northorpe Hall Mirfield Croft Hotel Richmond Merchant Hall York The Morritt County Durham The Engine Shed Wetherby Solberge Hall Northallerton Hollins Hall Shipley Airedale Barn Chevin Country Park Hotel Otley Wentbridge House Waterton Park Hotel Wakefield Bagden Hall Denby Dale Ripley Castle Holdsworth House Halifax Wood Hall Wetherby Goldsborough Hall Allerton Castle
  • M
    Beginner September 2014
    MancBride ·
    • Hide content

My sister got married at Bagden Hall in Denby Dale - beautiful hotel and grounds

http://www.classiclodges.co.uk/Bagden_Hall_Hotel_West_Yorkshire

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at Thorpe park spa near Temple newsam , they have a smaller room there for 50 people or less. Even if you book the smaller room they only do one wedding a day. X

• loubi1uk
    Beginner July 2014
    loubi1uk ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married at Wentbridge House in Pontefract! The room where they do smaller weddings is lovely.

Within your price budget too as we are paying more or less half of what your budget is. My friend also got married at Chevin Lodge & it was beautiful Smiley smile

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

I am also getting married at Wentbridge House and we are having between 40 and 50 guests. I think their minimum numbers apply to a Saturday wedding but if you are flexible they don't have minimum numbers for mid-week or Sunday weddings. We are getting married on a Thursday, and we managed to get a reduction on the overall bill by hagling a little bit.

The hotel is lovely and the staff are very approachable and the customer service we have received so far has been fantastic. There is also a premier inn a few miles down the road if your guests want to stay over and find the hotel rooms expensive xx

• Fcheeks
    Beginner October 2014
    Fcheeks ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at darrington golf club not far from wentbridge house, although not a hotel we have practically private use that time of year and the room for the ceremony /reception is beautiful, elegant and neutral. We are really impressed by the service every time we've visited, staff are really chatty and pleasant and our wedding planner can't do enough for us. Bonus that we got it well within our budget without compromising on a thing Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics