Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner October 2023 West Midlands

Venues that are not licensed

Laura, 24 of April of 2022 at 13:47 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi all,
We have just got engaged & want to get married somewhere different to the usual hotel wedding.

We would like to have a humanist ceremony as that aligns with our values as a couple & how we like to live. We know it’s not legal, so we will do the legal part on our own. The venue therefore doesn’t need to be licensed for civil ceremonies.
We live in Birmingham, so happy to travel upto an hour away. Our budget for the whole day is £5k.
It is a second wedding for both of us, which is why we want something less formal & less traditional.

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions were I can find alternative venues? I’ve used this website/app, plus the usual googling & another wedding app. But so far all i keep finding is the traditional wedding venue ideas (hotels, barns etc) that want to charge a small fortune. Any help would be greatly appreciated 👍🏻😊

3 replies

Latest activity by Suzanne, 24 of April of 2022 at 21:29
  • S
    Savvy July 2022 Essex
    Suzanne ·
    • Hide content
    Hi

We asked our local pub (they don’t do food, so only a pub) if we could use their venue for the day. Like a private hire & then have arranged food trucks for catering, suppling all drinks for day guest & bar opening around 7:30. We have 50 day guest & another 40-50 evening. Good luck & congratulations 🎉 x
  • L
    Beginner October 2023 West Midlands
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds a great idea, I’ll have to search for sit nice little pubs & see if they would do similar😊
  • S
    Savvy July 2022 Essex
    Suzanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    🤞 I’m sure it will be fabulous & like you we have a humanist celebrant too. Good luck xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics