Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner January 2022 Co Antrim

Venues that do 2+ weddings per day yay or nay?

Winston, 6 of July of 2021 at 22:06 Posted on Planning 0 7
Hi we are trying to pick a venue. There is 1 we are considering its a hotel with large garden outdoor ceremony space but it does 2 weddings and possibly other events per day. We are worried this would be a big problem if the other wedding party also wants to do their ceremony outdoors and they will also likely be doing photos in the garden since thats the main photo area. We fear there is quite the possibility we will literally be queuing up or "fighting" and waiting to use those areas. If there is any possibility of this we will just eliminate all 2+ wedding per day venues which would help a lot tbh. Does anyone have any experience with this type of venue policy?

7 replies

Latest activity by Ladybird1088, 7 of July of 2021 at 22:43
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

From my experience wedding venues that can accommodate 2 in a day also want to keep them apart.

It tends to be that there will be one bigger wedding - as yours that has the ceremony at the venue and the second smaller wedding coming in would be at a Church and much later than yours so that they do not arrive until you are sat down for your meal.

But it does depend on the layout of the venue as I have also shot weddings at a very big venue that can accommodate 4 weddings and in that case you are allocated sections of the grounds to have your photos.

The amount of possible impact on your wedding depends on the capacity of the second wedding room.

Ask them how many people they can accommodate in each wedding breakfast room, or just look at their website as they will say things like "you can use the William room for up to 45 sit down" "or the Haddon room for up to 130 people"

• W
    Winston ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi thanks. There are 3 separate main rooms for each wedding party at this venue which is fine for separation for reception and meal but there is 1 outdoor ceremony space which is probably the main attraction for this venue. There is also the large main garden directly behind this where photos would be taken after ceremony where 2 partys could fit but would still likely get in the way for the "good" photos.

I imagine if both wedding partys want to do an outdoor ceremony on the same day then presumably whoever books it first would get priority i.e. the times they want to use it? Then the other party would be "waiting" to use it or have to pick a later time. So even if we wanted to book the early and then also decide to go out later for some quick photos because the sun cones out we couldnt because we would be in the way of the new party?
    • Hide content

Yes sounds tricky .

"I imagine if both wedding partys want to do an outdoor ceremony on the same day then presumably whoever books it first would get priority i.e. the times they want to use it?"

If they do hold 2 outdoor weddings on one day then you may not get much choice as they will want to keep them apart and they may dictate the time.

But yes I too would be wanting to jump out quickly for a few shots if the sun came out if it was a bit rubbish earlier. Also at sunset.

• W
    Winston ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thanks i think we will just stick with 1 wedding per day or private venues.
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have a look and speak to them and ask how they manage two weddings

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't automatically rule out those venues, but I would want to ask them some very detailed questions about timings. We looked at one place that was trying to insist our reception would fit in with another wedding taking place, but then they started telling us that we really didn't want our meal when we said we did, it would be much better if we moved it to...etc, etc, etc. It just felt like we were being squeezed in anyhow so they didn't lose the booking, so we said no.

• L
    Dedicated April 2023 Kent
    Ladybird1088 ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I wouldn't book a venue that was caring for more than 1 wedding at a time. There may be separate reception rooms, and they may stagger timing for the day, but that does't stop people getting confused and going to the wrong room, and what would happen if there are delays, and the outdoor space being shared would also put me off. Our venue is quite big (capacity is 250 people) but everyone knows each other and I don't have to worry about the venue getting wedding details mixed up etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics