Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SakuraYuna
Dedicated November 2016

Venues with an extra room?

SakuraYuna, 24 of May of 2014 at 09:59 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi

I haven't really started planning my wedding yet, we're looking at 2017! I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on this though.

I love the idea of having a main room, and then a small side room set up for party gaming like SingStar (a karaoke game) and Rock band. We are a bit geeky and play these sort of games sometimes when we have parties so love the idea of having it at our wedding, but not in the main room where I still want regular music playing rather than some bad karaoke for the uninterested guests! Obviously I can supply the equipment myself.

Are any sort of venue likely to offer this? I've only looked a little but you always seem to pay for a room so I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Hope someone can help!

8 replies

Latest activity by MOMB, 25 of May of 2014 at 12:45
  • SoftKitty
    Beginner December 2016
    SoftKitty ·
    • Hide content

Wow, no idea whether that would be allowed but sounds awesome! Can I come?

I wanted karaoke at our wedding but OH won't let me, possibly because he knows what I sound like when I sing!

• Curlysuzie
    Beginner September 2014
    Curlysuzie ·
    • Hide content

At our venue we have the main room and then a side room as standard, ours is a conference centre so has several rooms to choose. We are putting lounge furniture in our smaller room for the kids to get away from it all if they need to and then we'll have the buffet served in there.

Where are you based?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

It's one of those things to ask the venue about. Most will have another room, but the cost could be prohibitive. we're paying for two rooms to allow those who want to dance to do so and those who want to chill to do so Smiley smile x

• mustard_mitt
    Beginner September 2015
    mustard_mitt ·
    • Hide content

We've seen a few venues like this, mainly barn conversions where you have a small barn for smaller weddings and a large barn for larger ones, you can use the large one for the ceremony/reception and the smaller one for other activities.

Our venue has four separate spaces, so we're having the ceremony in one, the breakfast/reception in another and then an area for elderly relatives to relax and one for kids to have fun in (possibly also containing a games console or arcade machines like you)

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

We looked at a venue that had 2 spare rooms. If you keep looking you'll find a venue with the rooms you need. I guess if you have exclusive use of a venue there will be spare rooms you can utilise.

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for responses everyone, given me a few tips Smiley smile

Based in Birmingham but hubby to be is from sandbach so prepared to go anywhere in between really. Although we have plenty of saving time we will be on a budget... I wonder if the barn conversion would work out cheapest?

Beginner April 2014
    **Claire** ·
    • Hide content

We had a golf club where we had a side room we filled for toys for the children. We had discussed putting in some sort of adult games but we ran out of energy to arrange it. At our venue we were the only wedding there so we had access to that side of the building as standard, included in the cost.

• mustard_mitt
    Beginner September 2015
    mustard_mitt ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're quite near me so try the following fairly local barn venues:

• Mythe Barn, nr Atherstone
    • Wethele Manor, nr Leamington
    • Dodford Manor, nr Daventry

We've been to all and they were all great venues with lots of potential for additional rooms. I know they're a little in the wrong way for you but they may be what you're looking for?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

No advice on potential venues but you may want to bear in mind that some venues will require anything you plug in to be PAT tested, so you may not just be able to bowl up with stuff from home without getting it stamped and certified first. Don't let this put you off: we've had several bits done by a local firm and if they don't have to come out to you it isn't expensive.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics