Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2013

Very Cheap Photographer needed in County Durham for wedding on a budget

LisBee, 3 of November of 2012 at 11:24 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi does anyone know of a very cheap photographer who can cover our wedding in April 2013? We have a very tight budget as lots of work being done to the house at the moment. We are thinking we may not be able to afford a photographer for our very small intimate wedding and may just ask guests to take lots of photos for us, but I would love to have a photographer so everyone can be in the photographs. I feel like I've waited my whole lift to get married and want some special photos to keep always, Thanks guys!

12 replies

Latest activity by LisBee, 10 of November of 2012 at 17:53
  • Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

'I feel like I've waited my whole life to get married and want some special photos to keep always'

I'd stop work on the house.

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content

What Chris said. IMO have a long think about what is most important in the grand scheme of things and budget accordingly.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I paid £300 for disc only package for my wedding last yr and i was gutted with half of them.. so i had them re-taken yesterday- dont do the same mistake as i did and try if you can- budget in for a fab tog Smiley smile

• Nicky Hewitt Designs
    Beginner May 2012
    Nicky Hewitt Designs ·
    • Hide content

Photos were important to us, but we also had a very tight budget. We booked Adam Faulkner Photography- he covers all of the North East. We were absolutely over the moon with our pictures and think he was really good value for money- would definitely recommend him. I did find some photographers who offered packages for under £500 but the style tended to be a little old fashioned for our tastes, or the coverage was quite limited (e.g. just the ceremony and a few posed pics afterwards) compared to the full day we got.

Not sure what your budget is but all I can suggest is really do your research and get an idea of the style of pictures you really like, perhaps talk to friends/family who've been married for recommendations etc. We've been married 6 months now and I look at my pics regularly, and they really do bring back happy memories. I've heard so many stories about people being disappointed with their pictures (regardless of what they paid actually) so it really is worth spending some time, and in some cases a little bit more money, to get something you'll love.

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Nicky I will look on Adam's website. ?

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your comments Chris. We have very good personal reasons for needing to have essential works done to adapt our home. Family comes first for us and we have to try and save money on other things. Thank you though.

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks leni-lw .. will bear that in mind. We will be spending the most we can! xx

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

What's your budget? It all depends on what your after and when your wedding is.

Your best bet would be cd only, you could either find a cheap photographer or student. Email me and I may be able to help or supply a few names.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As Greenleaf says....although do give an idea of your budget as it might interest a local tog in what could be a quiet part of the year.?

Peter

• K
    Beginner March 2013
    kay;) ·
    • Hide content

Hi ...im using brooks photography based in shildon county durham all my friends have used him and hes grat very reasonable to Smiley smile

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Look at the difference between £300

i paid £300 for disc only package for my wedding last yr and i was gutted with half of them..

and then nearer £800

. We were absolutely over the moon with our pictures

If you are going very cheep you are far better to go with your 1st idea of getting family and friends snaps together

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. All advise taken on board! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics