Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsHD2015
Beginner June 2015

Very random question about brides with nose piercings

MrsHD2015, 19 of December of 2013 at 20:32 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi all

I have always been a fan of body art and used to have my nose pierced. I really loved it but took it out for work. Now I am moving to a job where I can have it done again and I wondered what peoples opinions are on brides with facial piercings? It looks lovely on Indian brides but would it look chavvy or cheap on a traditional English bride? (I am planning on a small diamante stud on the big day!)

Anyone got any flashes of theirs that they'd like to share?

12 replies

Latest activity by emmiejune, 22 of December of 2013 at 20:58
  • M
    Beginner July 2014
    missk1989 ·
    • Hide content

Im not a massive fan but then i think it depends on the bride.

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

I am keeping my nose ring in on Sat so should have pics after that x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We've had a bride with a nose stud before- it was a small diamond one too (which matched their colour scheme) In all honesty, you could hardly see it (if at all) in the majority of the photos.

This is one of the only ones where it's clearly visible and I think it looks lovely ?

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I have my nose pierced and wouldn't consider taking it out just because it is my wedding day. My piercing is a little bit of me and my OH likes it so I don't care what anyone else thinks.

• D
    Beginner October 2014
    dollydimple88 ·
    • Hide content

I will be keeping mine in. I hate not having it in. I've had it for 10 years now so it's a part of me. X

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

I have a lip ring and never take it out... if fact its part of me now its been in me for 6+ years (and thats this one, I had one before this that had to be physically cut out because it heeled over)

I had it done just before meeting OH and I wouldn't be me without it (besides my lip would feel all floppy without its scaffolding lol)

its not chavvy - ive very rarely see a chav with lip or nose piercings its normally tongue, Madonna/Monroe or eyebrow piercings that are popular with chavs

I might even put my nose piercing back in for the day but havnt decided yet lol (I took it out 2 years ago because it was big and I out grew that look but something smaller like a stud might be cute - although I cant wear studs for longer than 24 hours or my body swells up and englufs them the heels over for some stupid reason even though im fine with rings o.O)

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

I'd say if go for it.

All my tattoos will be on show when I get married, they're part of me and in my opinion are just beautiful!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

There are no rulebooks when it comes to weddings. I've had my nose pierced since I was 16 and tbh I would have looked odd if I had taken it out. I usually only have a small diamond stud in anyway, there are some gorgeous one on etsy.

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I haven't decided yet if I'll remove my piercings for the wedding or find some more delicate studs that will fit with what I'm wearing but my OH and my friends and family are used to my 'facial furniture' and his friends and family will have to accept it. I've removed some and rarely wear them because of work, but others are very much part of me.

• IGB2B
    Beginner May 2014
    IGB2B ·
    • Hide content

I don't have any piercings / tattoos etc but I'm a big fan of the idea that a bride should be herself on her wedding day. A very special version of herself. But still herself. So although there are bound to be people who disapprove because it's not to their personal taste, if it is important to you, you should keep it in.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought of you when I saw this thread, I bl00dy love yours Mrs C

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

Obviously only seen amateur pics so far, but you can hardly notice my nose ring in any of them anyway! Would have been totally pointless to take it out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics