Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

emmamc01
Beginner August 2010

Very rude florist

emmamc01, 17 March, 2010 at 14:58 Posted on Planning 0 13

I have been looking everywhere for some long stems with sparkly things or gems or diamantes to go in my tall table vases. Some of you lovelyladies even gave me websites to try and even though they had gems on them they didnt have long stemmed ones. My vases are about 40cm tall, they will have large stargazer lillies and foliage in them. I just wanted to add some sparkle.

So i ventured to the florist shop where i first saw them - in her window display there are some tall vases, with flowers in and also some sparkly additions to the arrangement which is exactly the look i am hoping to achieve.

I very politely explained how much i loved them, how i was making my own, and had all of the materials needed except for something sparkly on long stems. I asked if she would be able to order some of them in and sell them onto me at a higher price (for her trouble). She said they were a one off and she wouldnt be able to get anymore.....but she had other types in other vases throughout the shop...so i said well those ones would do, or the others its only to add some sparkle.

she said 'No, i cant do that kind of thing it would put me out of business' Now i really cant see how she got that impression, yeah okay so im not asking her to do the actual arrangements but i wasnt asking her to be out of pocket or even break even???? Surely in this current credit crunch any sale is better than no sale.

Im so disappointed xx

13 replies

Latest activity by emmamc01, 18 March, 2010 at 10:57
  • CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Sorry just to go back to your origianl dilemma, I have bought some long stemmed crystal flowers (one per vase) from Dunelm Mill. They are hard to explain but sound the sort of thing you are after?? I'll see if I can get a pic

Sorry to hear about the florist x

• emmamc01
    Beginner August 2010
    emmamc01 ·
    • Hide content

Oh they do sound like what i want - yes thank you a picture would be great!!!

• AutumnRose
    Beginner
    AutumnRose ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a very rude florist to me - you werent asking her to do the arrangement but you were asking to buy something from her - not do you a freebie!!!

Hope you find what you're after soon.

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Thats a bit rude. I can see that she may want to do the whole of the centrepeices, but as you say, some money is better than none, and if I were my business I would have probably helped you out so you thought well of my business and potentially recommended me to someone else for flowers. But not everyone has such high standards as us brides!

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Would any of these be suitable?

I have the 2nd ones for my wedding and the first in my home- they are both lovely and sparkly!

Sorry they are a bit small but if you go on the website and look under artifical flowers you can see them better

x

• Princess_Dimples
    Beginner August 2013
    Princess_Dimples ·
    • Hide content

Would it be something like this...

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_11100_-1_91963_10551

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

That is quite rude. Is there a flower warehouse place near to you like Country Baskets or anything like that - you'd probably be able to get some there??

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

You could google for florist supplies near you. you may be able go get exactly what you want from a wholesaler.

• emmamc01
    Beginner August 2010
    emmamc01 ·
    • Hide content

Yes thats the kind o thing i was looking for - thank you laura and chelle.

Moya i know i said to my H2B dont buy any future flowers for me from her, go further into town in future. She obviously doesnt careabout her reputation for customer service.

Anyway ive had my moan - and now found what i wanted. Thank you VERY much ladies it is very much appreciated xx

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Ah glad we could help ? I think they are a great price too- I bought loads!

The florist obviously hasn't heard of Hitched- if she wont sell it, we will find it for you somewhere else! ?

x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If you can send me a photo through, I will have a look for you next time I go to the wholesalers. A lot of florists do take the same attitude i.e., won't do half of the job but will only do all of the job so to speak. I used to get the cold shoulder from florists when I was training and taking my exams. Try and explain to a florist that you have to make a 6ft coffin cross at night school and only need one not a box full, please could they sell me one? No chance! So when I opened my shop, I made a point of welcoming both students, flower arrangers and church ladies - business is business and I'll take everybody's money LOL!

• emmamc01
    Beginner August 2010
    emmamc01 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry Deborah and Gillsy i didnt see your replies at first - i tried doing that the first time round! But couldnt find anything - its why i went back to her. Oh well her loss and my gain. Thank youladies xx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

They have some here:

http://www.artificialflorist.co.uk/artificial-flowers/decorative-sprays

I saw the ones in Dunelm the other week & they are lovely too.

• emmamc01
    Beginner August 2010
    emmamc01 ·
    • Hide content

Hi sherrie

Thanks for that - they are exactly the ones i saw - but after seeing the Dunelm ones i think i like them more.

Thank you though xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics