Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mum-wants-a-hat
Beginner June 2013

Vicar leaving post before wedding !! :0(

mum-wants-a-hat, 27 February, 2013 at 11:44 Posted on Planning 0 2

So, I just excitedly opened a letter from the vicarage, expecting it to be the date of our next meeting to discuss order of service etc. It's not! Our lovely vicar, who is well loved and rising through the CofE ranks quickly, is moving across the country to take up a new post in April- we get married in June!! It's a nicely written, apologetic letter but I'm gutted. It just says a clergy colleague will be in touch soon to let us know who will be officiating. Soooooo disappointed and I haven't a clue who will be taking over :0(

2 replies

Latest activity by okikokikate, 27 February, 2013 at 19:21
  • AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Our Rector retired a few months before our wedding (an interregnum usually lasts up to a year) but happily returned to marry us as she particularly wanted to. Otherwise we would have had a visiting/retired clery person who might not have known us so well.

Actually, we probably wouldn't as we had six ordained clergy at our wedding anyway and I am sure one of them would have done it!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

We do have a couple of nice, occasional stand-ins but one of them is driving me to church lol! We were expecting to meet with the vicar within the next couple of weeks so ill leave it a week or 2 then call the parish office if I've not heard anything by then. Xx

• O
    Beginner August 2013
    okikokikate ·
    • Hide content

Same kinda thing, booked my vicar last year and re, ally upset that I got an email last month saying that he is on holiday so is now trying to fimd a curate to do it instead

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics