Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner May 2012

Video license??

Becs2012, 8 of January of 2012 at 22:43 Posted on Planning 0 8

Can anyone shed light on this? In order to have someone video our wedding service, the vicar said we have to obtain a video license? Anyone had to do this? Any help much appreciated!!!!

8 replies

Latest activity by Larkie08, 9 of January of 2012 at 17:42
  • Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Its the organist. If he/she is a member of the musicians union, there is a standing charge to record their work.

At least, thats what it is normally. Calling it a video licence is unusual.

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

My OH mentioned this to the vicar a couple of weeks ago and he said the same thing. Im not really sure where to get it but I think you buy it online?? I need to get this sorted as well xx

• B
    Beginner May 2012
    Becs2012 ·
    • Hide content

Yeh he mentioned we had to get it online, I had a look but it was quite confusing. I would like it videoed as we aren't allowed photos during the service. I'll have to keep hunting!! Smiley smile

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Well I need to crack on with this so if I find out anything first I will let you know xx

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

We were told by the dudes at our venue if we were to have the day videoed, they would prefer us to have someone using a handheld battery operated cam....Then we wouldn't need any paper work x

• PbPD
    PbPD ·
    • Hide content

It is the Performing Rights Society that seek this. In fact such "wedding video recording licences" no longer exist. Use the link below to access the information for the one off fee involved. If you get a slideshow of images done with music overlaid on a CD you also legally require such a licence

http://www.wvrl.co.uk/licence-prices-application.cfm

• B
    Bev Downie ·
    • Hide content

There are two different types of Licenses. There is the Copyright License which is now purchased through the PRS (MCPS and PPL). This covers inclusion of copyrighted music in your DVD presentation. For 5 copies of the final DVD this license is around £30. I purchase this for my clients and it is included in the fee.

The second fee you need to be aware of and check is a fee imposed by the church for recording of the organist and choir. This varies from church to church. The lowest I have heard of is £15 and the highest £1500!

Speak with your videographer and see if they include the MCPS and PPL License but I very much doubt any would include the church fee.

Civil ceremonies don't require a license but check with the Registrar that they will allow filming.

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    shoosh ·
    • Hide content

We have to pay £110 to record in our church... they organise it all for us x

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Larkie08 ·
    • Hide content

Our Church is the same as Shoosh's- £100 paid to the church and then they sort out the rest x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics