Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
Beginner November 2024 Norfolk

Videographer - Contract?

Holly, 25 of February of 2023 at 19:20 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hi all,

We met a videographer today whose work we really like and as a person seems really lovely, and is offering an amazing deal this weekend as part of a wedding show that we went to. We've been in touch and said we'd love to book him and he's sent over a confirmation and deposit request.
Question is - he's said he doesn't really have a contract? He just emails confirmations and stays in touch, if we need to change anything then it's fine, we just let him know. I know this isn't standard, but is it okay to proceed with?
He has great reviews online - not loads as he's quite new to the world of work but consistently reviewed over the last 12/18 months.
Thanks in advance :-)

1 replies

Latest activity by Melissa, 27 of February of 2023 at 06:03
  • TODAYSMYDAY WEDDING
    Greater Manchester
    TODAYSMYDAY WEDDING ·
    • Hide content

Hi Holly,

I'm a Manchester Wedding Photographer and do work with film as well at various weddings.
    I know some people don't have contracts but in my honest opinion, I would not take on any work for either myself or a client without it being written down what is covered and what is not covered.

The last thing you want is a team you hire becoming ill and then you are left with no refund, no confirmation of the plan on how long they are going to stay, what is covered etc.

In the confirmations, he sends to make sure this wedding photographer or wedding videographer sends a breakdown of what is getting covered.

Im more than happy to help or advice where I can.

akeel

todaysmyday.weddings

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics