Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2015

Videographer Cost

stephers01, 24 of March of 2014 at 20:56 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi everyone!

i desperately want our wedding to be captured on film as I have watched some fab films but most importantly because our daughter will be 2.5 years old and I know in years to come she will want yo watch it. To see herself and what she did and to see mummy and daddy.

We have been put in touch with a gentleman wo does it as a side line and a hobby. His price is good I think but still abit more than I wanted and could afford to pay.

so my question is, would u mind sharing with me your videographer quotes or how much u are actually paying? I wanted to see whether your professional videographers are a lot more or just a tad more and then whether it's worth going for a videographer who does it all the time x

I hope you don't think I'm being rude!

thanks in advance x

15 replies

Latest activity by Hotchilli999, 27 of March of 2014 at 13:31
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I paid £1300 for mine in 2008.

• barry@bwvideofilms.co.uk
    barry@bwvideofilms.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Sad tale:- for my daughter's wedding 17yrs ago I used a guy who did several weddings a week. I had helped him out one week when one of his cameramen was ill. He seemed to know what he was doing so I asked him to film my daughter's as payment. It was a disaster, terrible shaky camerawork, no continuity etc. We only watched it a couple of times. It was my department and I thought I'd save money, it was the costliest mistake I ever made. Fortunately we had excellent photos but there is nothing like a great video to bring it all back and we have nothing to watch. For reasons I won't go into I can't begin to tell you how much that would have meant to us now.

It's worth getting the very best videographer you can afford. I think you'll find that with videos, if they aren't done very well they won't be good to watch and so are a waste of money. If they are done properly they are priceless. You get what you pay for, especially for video.

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    MayBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is actually really cheap, £470 covering the ceremony to the first dance. It wasn't something that I was too bothered about having so it wasn't something I was willing to fork out lots of money for.. I know they can get pretty extortionate though! X

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im sorry to hear you have a sad story to tell.

The first thing i noticed about this gentlemans film was how in many parts it was shaky. None of the other videos I have watched on videographers websites were shakey at all. The gentleman would like £650 to fim all day and create what we wish. The lady I had in mind that i met at a bridal fayre costs £900 and I am therefore wondering whether the extra £250 is worth it to get a a fantastic film.

I know that in years to come this video will be priceless to us as my Hubby to be is alot older than me and we have a young baby girl. We have been together 9 years and come through a tough time with my parents accepting it. They are now fully on board and have been for years but it means the world to me that they are happy for us to get married. The day is going to be so emotional. In years to come when my hubby to be maybe isnt here anymore and our daughter is in her 30s or 40s. It feels important to me that she has something to remember the day by.

I feel more passionate about having a videographer than a photgrapher but we have booked him and want him as he is amazing and has photographed our little girl from being a baby. I think other people will think 'whats the point' but the thought of not having it videod really upsets me.

Sorry for getting personal and please dont judge me x

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sad to say Barry it's the same with photography, experience is priceless no matter what trade you are in.

I am just touching on video now which is for aerial video and it is a lot of work not only learning to use the camera in the first place but the editing of the video afterwards ? I wouldn't like to be a videographer, I am very happy being a photographer after all I only have to click a button and the image magically appears ?. just because someone has the best camera doesn't mean they are going to be any good but you have worded that so well I had to say something.

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying £1600 for mine and that includes a "highlights" video as well as a feature length video, she will bring a second cameraman with her and they will cover from preparations up til just after the first dance. To be honest, once I'd seen her work, I'd probably have paid more. She was perfect for us and we spent about 2 hours at her studio chatting all things wedding!

• B
    Beginner June 2015
    Brooksy ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying £700 for mine, have been quoted as low as £400 and as high as £2750.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content

Wow there really is a difference in price amongst everyone.

I think i will keep looking in the hope i find someone better than this gentleman but for maybe less than £1000

Things just really seem to be mounting up and Ive not looked at dressees, suits, flowers, centrepieces, balloons, wedding rings.........................Im going to stop now before i stress myself out x

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

In many ways videography is harder than photography to do at a wedding. The equipment you need is also incredibly expensive. Especially if you want footage that isn't shaky then your videographer will need a small arsenal of dolly's, sliders and stablisers.

To get the best job they will need multiple cameras set up to capture different angles which often means at least one other person. Add to that sound and the whole thing is more complicated.

In that sort of context it's no surprise that decent professional videographers charge just as much if not more than a professional wedding photographer.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone, I showed my H2B the videos from 3 different videographers and didn't give him any info. He could see the gentleman who was charging £650 was very shaky and often out of focus. So we definitely won't be going with him. The good news is the lady I really liked and my partner agrees is fab! Has our date available and can discount the package for us. So we can have a 5 minute trailer plus a 25 minute full length video picking up on the majority of the ceremony and speeches. For £1300.

when I first looked into having a videographer I was hoping to spend £500 but I soon realised how much of a priority it was for me and how in order to get a great film I would need to spend at least £1000. So I'm happy.

Feeling mega excited to potentially have another item ticked off my list for the wedding! If only paying them was as exciting! Lol x

• S
    Beginner March 2014
    Sarah MC1 ·
    • Hide content

Something I didn't do.....but wish I had. X

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

Hi stephers01,

Do you mind me asking where you are based? I'm in Berkshire and have managed to get a really excellent Hampshire-based videographer who will be doing the whole day, with two camera people up till 10pm (the lady will be with me in the morning and her husband will be with my H2B), highlights video, main video, 3x blu-ray discs, all HD raw footage on a hard disk drive - all for around £950.

I would definately recommend getting the best that you can afford.

Hope that helps x

• cass_b
    Beginner April 2014
    cass_b ·
    • Hide content

Ours is costing £850, it was £1000 but asked for a cheeky discount!

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Hotchilli999 ·
    • Hide content

I spent hours on the internet looking at videographer's websites to see the quality of their work (I know they'd never put up a bad one), and tbh I was shocked at how some of the worst shakey camera jobs I'd seen were charge £1200 ++

I eventually found a videographer that look so professional, no shakes or anything, and they are only charging us £650 (only meant as in comparison to the others)

If it was me, I'd pay the extra £250 if you can afford it to have a better quality, or you may regret it later Smiley sad

Good luck

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics