Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Videographer recommendations?

MissD2016, 14 of February of 2017 at 12:23 Posted on Planning 0 19

I don’t even know where to start with finding a videographer! Our wedding isnt until summer 2019 so we have plentyyyy of time, but I want to have a shortlist so I can keep a keen eye on their websites over the next few months to get a feel for their recent work.

Our photographer has given us a couple of recomended videographers but they’re based up near Manchester and our wedding is in Hertfordshire – He said it would probably be cheaper to hire them and pay extra for their travel than book someone in my area. I do like his recommendations but I’m not wowed by them – and I think they would be over budget once we pay for travel because the package we want is £995.

Our budget is £1000 – can anyone give me some recommendations? We’re willing to hire from anywhere in the UK as long as travel doesn’t take us too far over our budget!

And please be honest and let me know if you think our budget is too low - we could up our budget a little by cutting costs elsewhere if we have to.

19 replies

Latest activity by Chapples, 16 of March of 2017 at 10:48
  • A
    Beginner August 2017
    amy1789 ·
    • Hide content

We're paying £750 for Wynne Jones of Capture It Videos - he's based in Shrewsbury but given the notice you might find he's willing to travel. £750 is from getting ready to the first dance but you can tailor it if you want to pay more or less.

http://www.capture-it-videos.co.uk/

Hope this helps!

• M
    Beginner
    MissD2016 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats a very reasonable price! I'll put him on my list to research! thanks x

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Where in Herts are you getting married? I'm getting married in North Herts & we're using Mark from CAM wedding videos in June for ours:

http://www.camweddingvideos.com/

We got a special offer when we booked but we're paying about £650 for him & a second cameraman for the day.

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

I would have no hesitation in recommending Rideout Films. I've performed at several weddings where they have been and their work is awesome. They are Essex based but I'm sure they cover Herts too.

• M
    Beginner
    MissD2016 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're getting married in Ware - his most recent video was shot at our venue! I really like him - his website says he has now teamed up with a photographer, do you think I can still book him separately?

Can I ask how you got a special offer (was it through a recommendation/online offer?) Thanks!

• M
    Beginner
    MissD2016 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, but way out of our budget!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I grew up in Ware! ? Yes I am sure he takes separate bookings too, in fact I think another of my friends has booked him for later this year & I'm sure she just booked him as her TOG was already booked.

I initially saw a special offer on FB as a sponsored ad, I think he's doing another one right now but it may only be for 2017 weddings for the few gaps he's got.

If in Ware, let me also give you another company - they're very local to Ware & I know them from a media course I did years ago - they are fab (I just didn't use them as they were over budget at the time):

http://www.spotlightweddings.co.uk/

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

Spotlight are good.....I'm just down the road from Ware and have also done some weddings where they have been filming.

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We have worked with Varna Studios who are simply amazing!!!

Well worth a look.

• M
    Beginner
    MissD2016 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, I'll check them out

• M
    Beginner
    MissD2016 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the information! I think Spotlight were already on my list!

• M
    Beginner
    MissD2016 ·
    • Hide content

£295 for them to film in HD though! Shouldn't that be as standard these days? At a push I'd get charging extra for 4K, but not HD! I'll keep them on the maybe list and might contact them if my other options don't pan out

• FutureMrsO'L
    Beginner April 2018
    FutureMrsO'L ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just wanted to say a big thank you for this recommendation! I saw it on here a while back & got in contact with Mark. We met up with him on Saturday & he seems amazing!! Such a lovely genuine guy that we both really got on with & liked. We have put the deposit down for him to film our wedding this morning - so excited!xx

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's great news! He's SUCH a nice guy isn't he! When is your wedding? We're mid-June so we'll have to keep an eye out for each others' edited videos if he puts them up on his FB page! ?

• FutureMrsO'L
    Beginner April 2018
    FutureMrsO'L ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He was literally soooo lovely!! As soon as we walked out the coffee shop we were both just like yup!!! Super impressed with the quality of his videos online & the price of it all as well so thank you again ? We aren't until April 2018 but I will most definitely keep an eye out for your video! I bet you are so excited!!xx

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amazing! I wonder if you're quite local to me then - where are you getting married? We are at Burloes Hall in Royston (ceremony at Barley Town House). He really is very reasonably priced isn't he.

I'm a mixture of excited & scared at the moment! ?

• FutureMrsO'L
    Beginner April 2018
    FutureMrsO'L ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are getting married at 'That Amazing Place' in Harlow - it is, as the name suggests, amazing (in my opinion at least Smiley smile )! I just had a sneaky little look at yours & oh wow is it beautiful!! Even more reason to be even more excited!! Can't wait to see your video ? xx

• Rob Pack Photography
    Rob Pack Photography ·
    • Hide content

Blatella Films (based in Southend, Essex). I have worked with them at a few weddings and they have been top notch. I know the couples have been over the moon with them.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I've heard lots of good things about there - if I still lived in Ware I think it would have been high on my list!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics