Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

VikingPrincess
Beginner December 2011

Viking Princess turns Miss Piggy - with MEGA FLASH!!!!!

VikingPrincess, 16 April, 2011 at 19:53 Posted on Planning 0 29

OK all, the wait is over.

TONIGHT...

FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY...

VIKING PRINCESS IS...MISS PIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dresstease:

Ta-daaaaa:

Detail:

Now have 8 months to get into the dress!!! Excuse the porky face, was uncomfortable trying to keep the dress on so I look like my double chin is enormous!!!

The shoes had arrived too but they are very tight, although they are a 4 which is what i wear. They wouldn't change them as they said they don't stock them, they ordered them specially, and also when i got home i notice one single little diamante missing from the thingy on the right shoe (see below). I am scared they are gonna think I took the stone off myself on purpose so i can bring them back because i had already told them they're too tight ☹️

Despite the height they are incredibly comfy and easy to walk in (well, apart from my toes having gone numb in 4 minutes flat but that was because they were so tight at the front. Wouldn't think so looking at them as they're quite rounded but although I am a 4 normally I have quite wide feet at the front so it may be that...They go lovely with the dress, just love them! But I will have to take them back and swap them for a 4 and a half!!!

Happy overall. Especially ecstatic as BMs found THE ONE too, all three squealed like little girls when they tried it on, they ALL looked lovely in it, despite being one a size 12, the second a 14 and the third a 20-22! And ... IT'S NOT SATIN! I completely renounce satin after seeing them in the lovely chiffon dress from Alexia designs they tried today. Problem is I can't find anywhere a pic as they a re brand new spring 2011 models, just arrived in shop last week apaprently!

29 replies

Latest activity by VikingPrincess, 23 April, 2011 at 09:50
  • *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Oh shush! Miss Piggy indeed....

Lovely dress and shoes my dear, you will be in it in no time!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

VP, you look lovely! Beautiful dress, it really suits you

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am very positive I will be. My MOH has been doing Weight Watchers for 3 months and lost tons of weight (post-baby weight) and she said she wanted to give some support so because I can't afford to go to meetings etc at the moment, she gave me her books and stuff and we are both weighing ourselves on Tuesday (that's when her meetings are) and she'll be my "leader" and help me do it... I have lost before 4 stone on my own but it is easier with a friend!

Thanks, Mini! xxx

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you kindly - I'm in love with the dress now. I had a few wobbles but not anymore...

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

Ah, beautiful! Where are your shoes from if you don't mind me asking - they're gorgeous!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely dress. I feel your pain, my frock wont do up either but i wont let it beat me ?

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

You look lovely. I love your dress and the detail on it!!

my dress doesnt fit either. I have a year to slim down. So have been eating healthier, Only drinking water and doing my 30 day shred.

You will get into the dress and look even more fab than in the pics. Xx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous Dress! Is that Gowns UK in Morley?! I live in Morley and it looks very familiar! x

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

OOOhhh,just lovely. Are the shoes Rainbow? I wonder if i should order half a size up as well.

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

Wow how stunning do you look, what a beautiful dress x

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Loooooove the detail on your dress, so pretty! And it suits you perfectly. The shape really makes your waist look tiny. You'll lose whatever weight you want, so don't panic. I've tried and tried for years to slim down with no success but this year dropped 2 stone with barely any effort at all. I did Slimming World for a bit but couldn't keep up with the meetings because of childcare stuff, but still following the basic principal of making sure that every meal contains 1/3 vegetables (basically their 'super free' food), so I'm filling up on that stuff and feel naturally less inclined towards richer, calorie-laden stuff. And I've gone off booze :/

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Love the dress lovely detail and shoes are so pretty too!

• Dilly2012
    Beginner August 2012
    Dilly2012 ·
    • Hide content

You look lovely!! I think the detailing on the dress is so pretty! I love the bolero with it!!

Killer shoes!! ?

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

SoontobeMrsB, they're called Allora from Rainbow Couture! they're £125. I love them - they're so comfy though despite the heel!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes it is indeed! Lovely June couldn't do enough for me! I love it there!

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress... is it a Ronald Joyce? x

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress - the detail is stunning and the style really suits you. Your waist looks small and your boobs look great!

Fab shoes too hun!

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

Haha... just seen your post on the ronald joyce post! haha x

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Wow, lovely dress - love the sparkly detail. It suits you.

Good luck with the weight-loss - I found the minute I ordered my dress it spurned me on to losing weight like never before.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

@SKYBRIGHT: Unless they have them in the shop you're ordering them from and you can try them on, I'd recommend ordering them online directly from Rainbow so you cans end them back if they don't fit. The beauty of rainbow is that they are amongst the very few places that still do half sizes. 5s were too big for me but 4s are too small now.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, it is, Clarelou. It's Chelsea (60030) from their 2009 Collection.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

hahahaha and I have just seen this post after I replied to yours!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Oh I really like your dress and the bolero and it gives you an absolutely fabulous waistline. Love the shoes too!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Brenda! But I aim to look better to make the dress justice - it IS beautiful! Love it now!

• RebeccaLou87
    Beginner October 2011
    RebeccaLou87 ·
    • Hide content

Aw its beautiful. Similar to mine actually ?

Doesnt look like you've got that much to go until it zips up properly- you will be fine! ?

x

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow..... You look amazing.

It's really an amazing dress. Gorgeous.

Hope you get your shoes sorted. I would definitely take them back to the shop and see what they say.

Nat

• sparkelly
    Beginner December 2011
    sparkelly ·
    • Hide content

Ah hello date twin!

You look fabulous in your dress, it is so pretty! Love the detail on it as well.

I had been eyeing up those shoes too but a little out of my budget - but I feel better knowing someone will be wearing them on 23rd! xxx

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

UPDATE on shoes:

I managed to get them exchanged. I wrote to Rainbow Club and asked them if they could help as when my size 4 shoes arrived they were incredibly tight but the manager of the shop said she couldn't send them back as they were specially ordered (now I don't know if this was true or she just couldn't be asked to send them back) and then i emailed the manager of the shop and told her about the letter. She said that had I told her about the diamante she would have sent them back. I said I didn't know til I got home and looked at them properly. She left a voice mail and emaile me as well today to say that the Customer Services manager at Rainbow rang her and told her they're sending a 4.5 pair and when it gets in the shop, the shop manager can ring me to bring my size 4s back in and send them back...

Goes to show, if you don't ask, you don't get!

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Your dress looks fab on you!!!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Believe you me, they were a bit out of my budget! Initially I was going to have the ones below ("Merlot", also from Rainbow) which were about half the price of the current ones, but I loved these so much, we literally cut our weekly shopping food budget and i put the savings towards the shoes!!! Crazy, i know!

The Merlot:

As you can see, both are very high and both have platforms, which makes them easier to wear! I am 5ft1 so I really NEEDED height! My OH is 5ft10!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics