Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner September 2017

Village fete in Hertfordshire

willow_rose , 9 of May of 2015 at 07:12 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi all, getting married August near year. We are having a village fete theme and hoping to "get married" ( will nip down the registry office for the legal bit) onsite too, preferably outside so needs to have nice grounds/surroundings.

Looking around for pretty village halls (inside not a major deal as can spruce it up) but need somewhere with quite a lot of outside space to set up games etc.

Let the search begin. Smiley smile

Any ideas more than welcome.

8 replies

Latest activity by willow_rose , 11 of May of 2015 at 12:04
  • Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Which part of Hertfordshire??

Peter

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at the three lakes in hertford, they have a barn which is lovely Smiley smile

• W
    Beginner September 2017
    willow_rose ·
    • Hide content

Anywhere really. We are Stevenage, but happy to consider all over. I have found a couple of gorgeous villages and approached the parishes for permission. Have also been referred to springfield house in stevenage. Anyone had a wedding there?

Thanks all

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I'm just up the road from Stevo.

Springfield house is really nice. All the other village halls are right out in the sticks. Do you want to stay as close to stevenage as possible or are you willing to go a bit further out? If your going for a fete feel I'm assuming you want garden areas?

I'm inclined to suggest Mrs Howard memorial hall in Letchworth in the town centre ( I think springfield house would be better though as the garden is private) and Mayflower place in hertingfordbury, Hertford. There's barley town house near royston but I don't think its got a garden area. You could try Bennington & walkern & Aston villages halls too

It's not a village hall & comes with a price tag but you might want to check out The healthy living centre in Letchworth as well.

Hope this helps.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsMatson ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at Springfield House in July. You can get married outside there too although we have decided on an indoor ceremony so we can maximise use of the outdoor space for the reception. The garden is huge. We are having giant garden games and a children's entertainer in the garden with fish and chips bought in from rowes in bed well. There is no bar but you can hire one. We have decided to do bring a bottle rather than guests paying bar prices. We are providing lots of beer, wine and soft drinks though.

The venue is beautiful and perfect for a private village fete.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

How many guests are you looking to have?

I know a gorgeous little place, perfect for the type of plans you have in mind, but guest places are limited to around 42 during the day I think.

• W
    Beginner September 2017
    willow_rose ·
    • Hide content

I have approached Aston and Ardeley about the halls and am waiting to hear back.

Doesn't have to be close to stevenage, but does need to have that outside space. We are planning on about 100, to stay from ceremony and right through to the evening.

Springfield house is my favourite at the moment. I'm so excited I have found someone getting married there!!! I love the garden area and that it opens out onto it. Defo want the ceremony outside and then set up all the "stalls" and games. I really like the idea of ordering in chips too! I might steal that for late evening. Can I ask you how much it cost to hire for the day? And have they been quite easy to work with?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I personally have not done a wedding at Springfield House, although have done many in Old Stevenage over the years......The gardens are quite nice, so I assume Springfield is along similar lines.....

As mentioned though, Three Lakes has an open vista over the Rib Valley. Ceremonies are available outside overlooking the valley. The venue is extremely flexible.....The setting sun has a nice position....(ironically, my signature photo below was shot there)

Peter

• W
    Beginner September 2017
    willow_rose ·
    • Hide content

Just been to view Springfield house. Unfortunately far too small for what we need, garden is beautiful though. The seach continues. Will look at three lakes. Thanks everyone. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics