Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner

Village hall decoration

Trollhammeran, 27 of September of 2017 at 07:01 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi. We're having our reception in the local village hall and looking for some decoration ideas. We were planning on having the dj out of the way on the stage, maybe hang some lights down in front but not sure about what else we can do.

The reception is going to be fairly informal, we aren't having a top table but there will be tables probably around the outside.

I will try to attach some pictures later, struggling to upload them from my phone.

5 replies

Latest activity by Mats, 29 of January of 2022 at 16:19
  • L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about an outdoorsy theme? Have hanging ivy from the stage and some rustic pots and vases of flowers here anmd there?

If you type in rustic wedding in Pinterest lots of outdoors ideas come up. Some old crates would look good and some form of bunting going from one side to the other zigzagging down the room would also tie in with you being in a village.

• L
    Beginner September 2017
    LuxuriousYellowDiamonds486 ·
    • Hide content

Bunting and tissue paper Pom poms, so easy to DIY and so effective! Use google images to give you ideas.

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Going to quote something I read in a wedding article: one thing done en-masse looks expensive and effective but doesn't cost as much. Basically, pick one thing and do it well instead or having a mishmash of other stuff (which can look fine, but can also look cheap).

For example: going nuts with fairy lights, or battery powered tea lights/candles looks really romantic and I'm pretty sure you can bulk buy or beg and borrow from relatives/friends very cheaply

Things such as bunting, hanging lanterns, pompoms etc are all good budget friendly decorations, I've seen some where they virtually cover the ceiling in lanterns which looks fun and colorful.

Just bear in mind any restrictions on decorating, some places don't like pins etc.

• Ali
    Beginner October 2020 Dubai
    Ali ·
    • Hide content

Interesting ideas

• Nadine
    Beginner September 2021 Devon
    Nadine ·
    • Hide content
    Drapes are really good way to hide celling and walls well.I am having villiage hall for meal and evending do after church wedding.I have odered buting and my theme is country,rustic and vintage.I would pick a theme or style and then get decs around that.x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics