Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner June 2014

village hall type venues - lewes / brighton / surrounding.

Juliacarrbalman, 2 of August of 2013 at 15:39 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help. We had booked the Tin Tabernacle in Lewes for our wedding next July but recieved an email today stating that they are pulling all weddings for 2014 due to noise complaints. I'm not sure how much of the truth we are being told, but the fact is we are left without a venue for next summer and there seems to be very little that fits our criteria that isn't already booked.

We want a village hall / community centre / anything that is basically a shell or really laid back, or alternatively something that has a laid back vibe but is a bit more up market. The onyl catch is that it needs to sit at least 100 people and we need to be able to do our own food/ drink.

I would seriously appriciate ANY suggestions as I am trying to sort this out from Newcastle! If anyone has any ideas leads then please post them. I'm seriousloy stressed out!

Thanks! Julia.

1 replies

Latest activity by Juliacarrbalman, 2 of August of 2013 at 19:39
  • carbynel
    Beginner August 2014
    carbynel ·
    • Hide content

Hi Julia,

Oh that's a shame about the tin tabernacle! I was actually going to suggest it when I saw your post... we considered this venue too, but it was very close to the houses next door, so they may be telling the truth about the noise.

I've just found this place in East Sussex with space for 100 guests : https://southdownsvillagehall.org/facilities/

or there's this one near Eastbourne: http://www.eastdeanvillage.org.uk/villagehall/

hope this helps!

• J
    Beginner June 2014
    Juliacarrbalman ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

Thank you so much! These look ideal for what we need so hopefully they will have some availability next summer.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and I hope that your planning is going well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics