Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2015

Village Hall wedding?

Morgan-Vaughan, 3 of July of 2013 at 20:23 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi everyone, Is anyone planning a village hall reception? I think this is a fantastic way of keeping costs down and also giving us flexibility to provide our own food & alcohol. My ideal village hall venue would be in a beautiful location, preferably rural or coastal. No preference on geography. And I would like it to have capacity for at least 70-80 guests. Can anyone help please? Smiley smile Lindsey x

9 replies

Latest activity by Red Kite, 11 of July of 2013 at 08:43
  • Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

We looked into this when we were looking. Check out Great Barrington village hall in the Cotswolds. I think they quoted us £750 for Fri-Sun hire. It's v pretty and they've had lots of weddings there before.

http://barrington-park.co.uk/village-hall-hire

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content

We're using http://www.thechichesterhall.org.uk/ which is semi-rural as there is a main road and it's not too far from large towns but on the other side of it is all fields and rolling hills. We have the whole weekend and can do whatever we like with it. Some people tend to put up a marquee in the grounds rather than use the hall itself all day. It's in Witley, Surrey and we like it because it's a blank canvas and it's cost and flexibility has freed us up to put together the day we want. We're having 80 guests in the day but there is capacity for more and we'll have more for the evening.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in a village hall and has definitely helped keep costs down. I wouldn't recommend ours though but I saw this one online and it looks amazing but was too far for us.

http://dunctonvillagehall.co.uk/

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Yes, we used https://www.hattonvillagehall.co.uk/

lovely place, very flexible. photos in pg 4ish of my report in my sig.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

We're marrying and erm... receptioning at a local village hall. Total blank canvas, have saved thousands, and doing everything as we want it. Recommend!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

We recently held our reception in a village hall..... The marquee lining totally transformed the space of the main room. Fantastic facilities, masses of outdoor space..... Absolutely perfect!!!!

Full weekend hire, Fri noon to sun noon was £250 with a further £450 to the marquee company for the lining. Amazeballs!!!!

Outskirts of Doncaster, pretty rural, capacity 120. Children's play park, huge green spaces, additional rooms, proper stage, plenty of parking, fully equipped kitchen/bar :0)

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

Village halls can be great for weddings. Especially when you can bring your own bottle and do your own decorations Smiley smile

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

We played a village hall last weekend it was lovely, cosy, boutique, original.

Infact if I were to marry my lady again I would probably insist on a village hall with:

hog roast

ice cream van

Bunting

all the trad chic stuff.

She on the other hand would probably want to go to Barbados......?

Not sure where you are but try these villages, all pretty central and very pretty!

Baggington
    Corley
    Belbroughton
    Kinver

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    Morgan-Vaughan ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone Smiley smile

Some brilliant ideas here and I have contacted several of them for more information.

Any more ideas of specific locations would be much appreciated Smiley smile

Lindsey

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Argh all this talk of village halls plus MWAH's picture is giving me venue wobbles! It is a really great idea!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics