Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner January 1999

Village Hall Wedding

ExpensivePinkConfetti319, 14 of June of 2015 at 15:42 Posted on Planning 0 3

I wondered if anyone had any ideas best way to organise a DIY Village Hall Reception Wedding Do, 120 guests. The setting up is worrying me as is how to plan taking tables down etc for the night do.

any ideas?

3 replies

Latest activity by PadBin, 16 of June of 2015 at 08:22
  • The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

Hi there!

I've seen some fantastic DIY village hall weddings. They seem to bring out the creative side in brides and grooms with so much more opportunity for personal touches.

It's good that you're already thinking about moving tables - it's little things like that that people often forget about when there's not venue staff around. If you have bar staff, I'm sure thy would help, also it's a perfect job to get ushers involved. Also myself and my assistant (as singer/DJ) would normally muck in and help with clearing the room when there's no venue staff etc to do it.

James

• D
    Beginner July 2016
    dizzybusyblondebride ·
    • Hide content

We're having our wedding breakfast and evening do in a village hall, the caterers that we have got are amazing and basically are like the staff you'd have in a hotel and do all change over etc in their cost, I think they must do so many weddings they know the type of stuff that would be asked if them. If they didn't we were going to have our friend who will be in the mc to clear the room of ppl then get the ushers to take down a couple of tables for the evening do x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

If your caterers/other suppliers cant do it, do you have any guests with older teenage children that could help (maybe for a little cash in hand) or someone that lives nearby that isn't attending?

As long as whoever is doing it knows beforehand, because they might want to get changed, rather than getting dust/trestle table grease on their nice clothes.

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on budget, it you can afford it you could get people in to dress it then pay your caterers to move the room around for the evening.

We are having our reception in a community centre and am on a tiny budget so we're getting the bridal party to help us set up the night before.

On the day we're keeping the tables the same all day so they don't need moving, again bridal party will help lay out food and anything like that.

Then at the end they will help us take everything down and pack up. We're paying the venues cleaners to do the hovering and things like that.

No one minds and I think they like being involved. I'm making a wedding folder which I'll hand over to sister on the day with everything in so everyone knows what needs doing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics