Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2018

Village hall wedding venue. Opinions please! I

SparklyYellowDiamond, 18 of September of 2016 at 18:05 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all,

So we have been looking at many wedding venues and we can't decide on what we like.

We we know what we don't like, and seem to have a idea of what things we want to include but can't find a venue that ticks all the boxes.

At the moment we are discussing a village hall wedding venue as a option, but is this a bit naff or am I being a horrible snob!

I dont want want it to look like we have not made the effort and we have found one that ticks most of our boxes but it would take a fair amount of decoration.

There me are a couple of other venues that also tick boxes but we are just so unsure! (Am I the only one!?)

So I suppose what I am asking it your (honest) overall opinion on village hall weddings.

hoping for as many replies as possible!

4 replies

Latest activity by Chapples, 19 of September of 2016 at 10:46
  • H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I love this idea! Weddings in hotels are all a bit samey. A village hall wedding sounds much more intimate and informal and a chance for you to make it more personal.

Our local girl guide hut can be hired out for functions and is a 2 minute walk from the church. I love the idea of guests being able to walk to it after the church instead of messing about with big journeys.

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

I agree, I think it would be much more relaxed and chilled out. And I'm sure you could make it look amazing, it might just take a bit more work than a hotel venue, or you could get a venue dressing company in to do it for you. Go for it if it ticks the boxes

• S
    Beginner May 2018
    SparklyYellowDiamond ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies

relaxed is what we are looking for. We don't want a big fancy wedding just simple and fun!

Going to to cost up everything to decorate and see what the price difference is.

Nice to to know the first few opinions are positive ones!

X

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    lucyjo ·
    • Hide content

We almost did a village hall wedding! We were looking to save money, and knew we didn't want the whole hotel package deal thing. In the end we opted for a marquee in the grounds of an old farm, but a village hall location was second on our list. It's a blank canvas, you can make it look how you like, and you have complete freedom to arrange everything the way you want it. The downside is you do have to organise everything separately, but if you're organised and have plenty of time and a creative touch it will be great fun rather than hard work! Nobody will think it's naff, especially if you get quality caterers in. In my experience people are perfectly happy as long as they're fed and watered well!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly what Lucyjo said - I think it'd be fab! And was second on our list - we've ended up hiring a marquee in the grounds of a house (& sometimes wish we'd chosen the village hall option!). ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics