Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner March 2013

Vintage Peacock Wedding Theme

Rachel87, 29 of November of 2012 at 15:36 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi,

I'm after a little help please, we're getting married on 17th March 2013 and have decided on a vintage peacock wedding theme. My OH is in Afghan at the moment and has been there since July so I can't easily run ideas past him so feel a little lost with all the planning!

Firstly...what is everyones thoughts on the theme? Will it look ok? I originally wanted quite a contemporary wedding however I fell in love with and bought quite a vintage looking wedding dress that has a layer of silver antique lace over it so I didn't want it to look out of place. I was going to have teal and green as the colour scheme however teal is impossible to find in the same shade hence the peacock and thought vintage would tie the colours and dress in nicely.

Secondly - what little bits can I do to make the whole day tie in together?

Pretty sure I have everything under control just having a bit of a wobble at the moment and feel that everything is a little much! Keep thinking I should have more sorted than I do. Have photographer, cake, dress, venue, meal and invites sorted but thats about it!

xxx

19 replies

Latest activity by ChloeLeePhoto, 5 of December of 2012 at 17:50
  • zoe@hitched
    Dedicated February 2016
    zoe@hitched ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea of a vintage peacock theme!

Tie the whole thing together by having a peacock feather headband - hair accessories like head bands work so well with vintage style dresses - and having vases of peacock feathers on your tables. You could also pick wedding stationery with a peacock motif, and even have feathers in your bouquet.

There are so many ways to incorporate it into your theme, I could go on and on!

And with regards to planning, you sound very sorted. Take a look at the to do list in the members area on the site to have a look at what else needs to be considered!

Zoe

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I've just recently finished a peacock themed wedding which was a 1930's/vintage theme. This was the bouquet which was an over the arm style and was arranged on a bed of 25 large peacock feathers and the buttonholes too.

The flowers used were ivory casablanca lilies, white iris, deep red roses and lily of the valley. These are all artificial flowers but can easily be done in fresh flowers by your florist.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I can't be of much help as I was going to suggest similar things to above, but I just wanted to say that I love the idea of a peacock theme!

I'm rather fond of peacocks ?

Be sure to give us a good flash every so often.

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

There was a bride on here recently who was incorporating Peacocks into her wedding. Can't for the life of me remember who it was!

I'll have a search!

ETA - I think it was graceyfly

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

It was Gracey

You need my venue as they have actual real peacocks and peacocks feature on their stationary, signs etc.

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

Congratualations Smiley smile

I love this idea!You have use feathers in centrepieces/ buttonholes/ bouquets, have your maids in beautiful teal dreses etc

- what is your venue/dress/invites like. Flashes are obligitory on here!

Also come join us in the 2013 facebook group Smiley smile XX

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Vickster had peacock themes as well if you have a google may find her wedding report

• SuperDuff
    Beginner November 2013
    SuperDuff ·
    • Hide content

Sadly I am genuinely terrified by peacocks (and hens for that matter), but I love the colours - really vibrant and you can do loads with it! If you don't fancy having matchy matchy things and BMs, then you have lots of scope to play around with colours.

I thought this was quite cute (though wouldn't have the feather in it personally)

Lovely cupcake colours:

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Mini! I was racking my brains all yesterday trying to think which hitcher had them last year!

• zoe@hitched
    Dedicated February 2016
    zoe@hitched ·
    • Hide content

Here is a real wedding featured on hitched.co.uk with lots of peacock details - https://www.hitched.co.uk/real-weddings/kat-vikki_109/

Hopefully it will give you some inspiration!

• R
    Beginner March 2013
    Rachel87 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you soo much everyone, has helped a lot! I'll post some flashes this weekend as I try my dress on tomorrow so will have something exciting to post. Getting married at Slaley Hall, fell in love with it on the drive up to it so it had to be there! xx

• R
    Beginner March 2013
    Rachel87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually envy you! I don't think my venue would appreciate me bringing along a couple of real peacocks unfortunately!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I think a peacock theme is great. There are several lovely rich colours to chose from within a peacock feather, golds, teal, turquoise, blues, etc, so lots of choice in terms of BM dresses and flowers. And you dont have to go over the top, just adding simple things like a peacock feather to a cake can look really effective:

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh yes i had peacock feathers, but didnt go overboard. I still have the Flo and Percy peacock feather headband if your interested? ?

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

• starstruck-
    starstruck- ·
    • Hide content

Firstly, I sympathise with you having your OH away for so long. Mine is in the RAF and has been in the Middle East since early June. He's home in 15 days. 15 DAYS!!! ? not that I am counting or anything!! lol

Secondly, your theme sounds stunning. I love peacock colours and actually wear them a lot myself. If I can help with accessories (jewellery, hair accessories etc) at all, please do feel free to give me a shout. I created this side tiara not that long ago, inspired by peacock feathers, and a lot of my work can have colours incorporated (or you could have something designed just for you!).

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Yeah Gracefly (where is your report lady?!?!)

*think* it is her new name but I may have made that up, is the lady you need!

• E
    Beginner August 2013
    EmmaIsEngaged ·
    • Hide content

I love these peacock colours:

There are more photos from this wedding at /real-weddings/sophisticated-beach-wedding-invitations

x

• C
    ChloeLeePhoto ·
    • Hide content

You should check out http://www.headfulloffeathers.com/ she makes awesome peacock feather fascinators!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics