Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner July 2014

Vintage/Tweed Suit Hire

titlemenothing, 20 February, 2013 at 11:40 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hey lovely ladies (and the few gents that have decided to pay this site a visit),

I hope you are well.

I have a question, does anyone know of anywhere that you can hire vintage or tweed style suits? Our budget is super small for the day but are going with this super vintage style and I would love to get my hubby to be and his fellow men kitted out nicely.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas where you can buy them for very good value please do let me know. I am based in London, but willing to travel all over for the right price.

Thanks for your help!!

xxxx

3 replies

Latest activity by mariannechuaphotography, 20 February, 2013 at 19:18
  • Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if this is vintage enough although I thought it looked cool. It was purchased from River Island, as well as suites for the groomsmen.

Not sure why but hitched squashes the picture. It might work better if you click here

• TamarValleyGirl
    Beginner May 2013
    TamarValleyGirl ·
    • Hide content

When's the wedding? OH was reliably informed last weekend that tweed is going to be big this Autumn, so you might find tweed suits in high street shops. They'll probably be modern cuts though, not vintage.

You'll get a classic cut in tweed in a traditional gents outfitters, but it will be much more expensive than high street chains.

For vintage, try ebay or somewhere from here: http://thechapmagazine.co.uk/category/chap-directory/

Sorry, can't help with hire info.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome to hitched.

Check out this thread for some Tweed suit tips https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/358167.aspx?PageIndex=2

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

You live in London... the home of dapper tweed! (I'm not sure about that don't quote me on it!) Try going to Rokit Vintage, or Brick Lane is teeming with vintage shops. Alternatively Covent Garden I think I've seen a man-specific shop that literally just does vintage suits.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics