Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

April21Bride
Rockstar July 2021 West London

Virtual Hen (to do or not to do?)

April21Bride, 1 of February of 2021 at 16:26 Posted on Planning 0 11
So, ok due to get married 24th April (we’ve decided that so long as we legally can we will) but because large gatherings are unlikely ahead of then my MOH and BMs want to throw me a virtual hen do with the aim of throwing a “real one” at a later date/my birthday weekend in October.

My question is, has anyone attended a virtual hen? Was it fun? Or will it remind me of what I’m missing? I’ve seen photos of people’s virtual hens and they looked fun but as we all know Instagram pics can sometimes be far from the truth so wanted advice . X

11 replies

Latest activity by April21Bride, 18 of February of 2021 at 09:55
  • M
    Beginner April 2021 Cheshire
    Mrswtobe ·
    • Hide content
    We were supposed to get married last year and have postponed to this year. I was supposed to go Barcelona on my hen but it was when Covid was really bad in Spain so it got cancelled.
    My hens threw me a surprise virtual hen on the day we were supposed to go.
    It was sooo much fun my other half set up Spanish food and drink and we did games over zoom. I got so drunk I was put to bed ??. I say go for it. It’s all part of my mad Covid wedding story. And when I can will do another hen probably post wedding.How this helps xx
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

How are you with virtual things in general? I find zoom calls instead of meetups really depressing as it just underlines how far I am from being able to meet up with loved ones. But if you like them, you're more likely to enjoy a virtual hen do too.

• April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely does- I’ve told them to go ahead and organise something. Should be fun- will he move to see people xx
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m whatever with Zoom but I do love an excuse to drink ?. They seem really excited so I’ve said go ahead - hopefully it will be fun. Upside, no having to travel on a hangover
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Enjoy! Make sure to come back (post hangover Smiley laugh ) and let us know how it went.

• MsHenissi
    Beginner August 2020 Lucca
    MsHenissi ·
    • Hide content

I got married in August 2020 (postponed from May). I had a virtual hen and most guests attended my wedding via Zoom and both were great.

The hen was hilarious and loads everyone was able to attend without having to worry about whether they could afford it, get time off work, get a babysitter or any of the many other things that reduce the numbers when planning a face to face event. We just chose a time when those who have young children would have already put the kids to bed, and then we went for it. My bridesmaids did a great job organising games and quizzes; they even invited my 10-year-old niece (a bridesmaid) for the first little bit and the "warm up" games were PG so she could participate. After she'd gone to bed the more raunchy games and dares started!

I kept thinking I would want some kind of "real" in person events at a later date, both for the hen and the wedding reception, but having gone through it all I love how it turned out and I wouldn't change it or re-do it. It was different than what I'd grown up expecting for when I got married, but this feels like it was more unique and memorable.

Virtual Hen (to do or not to do?) 1

Virtual Hen (to do or not to do?) 2

• Kay
    Curious June 2021 Bristol
    Kay ·
    • Hide content

We're hopefully getting married the same day! ?

I'm in the same boat as you, but alot of my friends live in Australia so wouldn't be attending either, so by it being virtual it means people from all over the world can be there (which wouldn't happen otherwise).

I think it would be as fun as you make it - get some good booze and food and some games going and I'm sure you'll have a lovely time with everyone.

MsHenissi looks like she had a BALL! Love it.

• R
    Beginner May 2021
    RomanticPurpleBridesmaid37365 ·
    • Hide content
    I went to a Zoom hen and it was actually really fun and much better than I expected. The bridesmaids organised and there were several different zoom sessions (I.e a family group, friends group, bridesmaids group) so there were never too many people on the call. That way they could also make the games more raunchy as the bride got more drunk and the mums left the call ? I would suggest just making sure you have some games to play or things to do on each call so it’s not just you all trying to make conversation over each other. You could do Mr and Mrs, a scavenger hunt etc.

But I think ultimately just go with your gut - if it’s really not your thing don’t put yourself through it, but if it is your thing and you’re just unsure how it’ll go I say do it and I reckon you’ll be pleasantly surprised how much fun you have xx
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I’ve left it to my BMs to organise - sent them all the attendee lists and will trust them to give me a great experience. Really looking forward to it now x
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I’m actually really excited now especially since reading all the messages. Will let you all know once I’ve had it x
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Looks amazing! Thank you for sharing. I can’t wait now. I think as you saw it will definitely be memorable for the time we are in but also will take the plus of not needing to travel on a hangover ? xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics