Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious October 2022 Essex

Virtual tours

Sian, 6 of January of 2021 at 17:09 Posted on Planning 0 16
Hey,

We are looking at getting married in winter 2022 and ideally I want to see venues before I book with them, but many are coming back saying we need to book soon or there won’t be any availability. We are being offered virtual tours and I was wondering if anyone has experienced these, how you found them and if they do give you a true view of the venue.
Thanks

16 replies

Latest activity by Sian, 10 of January of 2021 at 14:06
  • T
    Curious April 2022 Cumbria
    TigerLily8 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sian

We had originally set our sites on Elmore Court earlier in the year when the pandemic first hit. We had a virtual tour with one of the wedding planners and then went down to see the venue in person when some restrictions were moved.

We have since decided on somewhere else BUT, with a combination of online pictures / social media pictures of the venue & the virtual tour I would have been happy to book. Elmore actually exceeded our expectations when we saw it in person but the virtual tour was great. We only decided against it in the end because of the distance.

How flexible are you with your wedding date? If you want a specific date / weekend then you may have to go down the virtual tour option, but if you are more flexible you could risk it and wait. But unfortunately I do feel there is some truth in dates being taken very quickly at the mo!

• S
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your response. Based on what you have said I think we will go ahead and do the virtual tour and decide from there as we ideally want one particular date and I have been able to find a number of photos online of the venue, and many places are filling up quick.

I hope the rest of your wedding planning is going well.
  • S
    Beginner March 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Hey! We booked ours based on virtual tour but we have both attended wedding there years ago so we know what we were getting into. To be honest we wanted to see it ourselves empty not set up for someone’s else’s wedding but covid restrictions meant we couldn’t then we got a call saying that obviously they can’t hold our date forever and someone is able to go contract now and I didn’t want to give up our date so we booked it.
    So hard isn’t it! Not what I pictured wedding planning like xx
  • S
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Sarah,
    Yea we had the same thing happen. Unfortunately we have never seen our venue in person but as you did I booked it as I didn’t want to lose the date, and at least we got an idea from the virtual tour. X
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! Hopefully we both get to go see them in person soon though x
  • S
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hopefully Smiley smile, when’s your date? X
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    5th of March 2022, you x
  • S
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah that sounds like a nice date ours is 2nd October 2022 x
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I saw my venue in person (April 2021 bride ?? ) and have now looked at the virtual tour and in person was definitely better. That is to say, if you love the virtual tour you’ll likely love the venue in person.

Good luck
  • S
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, we did love the virtual tour so hoping we will like it even better in person. Feel bizarre now though having booked the venues and we don’t need to do anything else for a while now as we’re getting married 2nd October 2022
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that will be amazing in the autumn! We’re in Scotland so that end of the years to unpredictable for weather otherwise we would have went autumn ?x
  • S
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah yes! I imagine it would be, but doing in Scotland will be amazingly beautiful!

I’m based in Essex and last year in September it was still hot so I’m hoping it won’t be too cold and the weather will hold off ? xx
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good luck with the rest of wedding planning.
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fingers crossed! It will be an amazing day regardless of weather xx
  • S
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks good luck to you to ! X
  • S
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good luck with all the rest of your planning I’m sure it will be a great day ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics