Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummy2f
Beginner September 2007

vol au vent fillings...

mummy2f, 5 July, 2009 at 13:16 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

.... retro I know but I love them.... any ideas for funky fillings?

5 replies

Latest activity by spot, 5 July, 2009 at 16:59
  • Melawen
    Beginner January 2007
    Melawen ·
    • Hide content

How about something like coronation chicken or some sort of cheese mix? Could you do a warm filling (please don't ask me what!).

I've never had a vol-au-vent as gran used to do things I wouldn't eat - kept me away. Dad still makes them occasionally though but he uses the good old style fillings - prawn mayo etc!

• mummy2f
    Beginner September 2007
    mummy2f ·
    • Hide content

Ooo coronation chicken sounds yummy.... I was trying to think of something to go with goats cheese... Or bacon and avacodo?

• Champagne
    Beginner June 2007
    Champagne ·
    • Hide content

Think sandwich fillings or jacket potato toppings as you want something slightly wet e.g. prawn mayo, chicken & bacon mayo, tuna & sweetcorn mayo, cooked mushroom maybe in white sauce.

Some modern twists could be melted mozzarella with sundried tomato & basil, thai marinated prawns, chicken korma.

• Lumpy Golightly
    Expert February 2003
    Lumpy Golightly ·
    • Hide content

Goats cheese and grated beetroot. You'll need to add the beetroot not long before you serve it though, or the colour'll run ?

What about brie with cranberry?

• Ladelley
    Beginner August 2008
    Ladelley ·
    • Hide content

We always had them hot with a tuna mornay filloing, or something like chicken in a wine and cream sauce with something like tarragon would be nice.

• spot
    Dedicated September 2007
    spot ·
    • Hide content

How about soft goats cheese (not the rinded type) broken up with some chopped up bacon and maybe onions (caramalised maybe?)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics