Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

warlycarly
Beginner September 2012

Waistcoats and cravats - same colours or different?

warlycarly, 6 April, 2012 at 20:30 Posted on Planning 0 12

OH can't decide if the cravat and waiscoat should be the same colours as each other or different? What are your OHs having? Could you give me a cheeky flash please? Thanks in adnvace.

12 replies

Latest activity by Nutella, 7 April, 2012 at 12:23
  • Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a flash unfortunately but my OH is having an ivory cravat and waistcoat and all the other men are having the same ivory waistcoat but a purple cravat that matches the bridesmaid's dress.

x

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

My OH believes that if he has the same colour cravat as waistcoat you wont notice the cravat...

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

All the groomsmen are having the same waistcoat and cravat and will look a bit like this:

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

we are doing this too Smiley smile

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have to say I agree - so far only looked at ideas on-line (we are a year away from suit shopping) but OH has already says he wants a purple tie & handkerchief & the waistcoat will either be ivory or ivory with a purple pattern - like embroidered leaves or swirls. He thinks waistcoat & cravat/tie in same colour would be too much.

• HappyAnnie
    Beginner April 2012
    HappyAnnie ·
    • Hide content

OH is having black suit, champagne cravat and waistcoat. Ushers, best man, dads having same but black cravat.

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

OH, OH 11 yrs Son, Best Man and my brother who is giving me away are all in Navy tails with matching trousers, Ivory waitcoats with an ivory swirl on them, OH is in cravet matching BM's dresses and the others are all having silver. We both wanted OH to be different but not out of place.

We did change our mind on cravats for the others and waistcoats when they tried them on they all looked so smart.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

D and the best man are having rose pink cravats and ivory waistcoats with a pink swirly pattern on it. The ushers and our dads are having sage green ties to match the bridesmaids.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Ours will be different. OH disliked the satin wedding waistcoats so decided to buy a grey three piece suit. Therefore his waistcoat is grey wool like the rest of his suit and his tie is champagne.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

My oh will be wearing an ivory waistcoat and cravat with his navy tails and when I saw him in them in the shop I thought it looked really good, very smart. I originally thought he should maybe get turquoise to match the groomsmen and bm dresses but actually the ivory looked better.

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

My oh didnt like the ivory waist coats either so hes wearing a three piece suit and an ivory tie, the best men are wearing three piece suits but with purple ties. ?

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

Not only does he have to decide if he wants the cravat and waistcoat to be the same colour, he now has to decide if he wants to be the same as the groomsmen! He is not good at making decisions, and he doesnt have a best man at the mo to help him, and I feel like I keep pushing him to ask someone... (he has tried, long story) as we only have 5 months left, but Im sure he thinks hes got plenty of time yet....

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

All the men are wearing blue waistcoats with matching cravat as below with exception of OH who will have the same waistcoat but with an ivory cravat - don't have a flash of that sorry!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics