Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner January 2015

Walking down the aisle

Happybabyblue79, 25 of June of 2014 at 07:39 Posted on Planning 0 17

Morning
What is everyone walking down the aisle to ? Or have walked down aisle to ?
I'm thinking of walking down to savage garden I knew I loved you or chesney hawked one and only (this song was played at by brothers funeral and was our favourite song).

17 replies

Latest activity by RusticBride15, 26 of June of 2014 at 10:28
  • Dipidy
    Beginner July 2014
    Dipidy ·
    • Hide content

We are walking down the stairs/aisle to a pianist playing the kings of Leon-someone like you. Every time I hear it now it gives me butterflies! X

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

I'm having Sunrise by Nora Jones, I just heard it in passing and listened to it all the way through, its so pretty and made me think of Mr MM!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We've not decided yet, but definitely something by Deftones. Possibly "Sextape" which in spite of the name isn't quite as inappropriate as it sounds. Possibly an instrumental version anyway as we have quite a long walk, and we'll be walking in together.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I had Sigur Ros, Staraflur as a surprise for H as he loves them!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Another Sigur Ros here - Id like Hoppipolla, never been a forward thinking wedding planning gal but the first time I heard that (well before we got engaged) I was like ah, this is what I'll do the walking down the aisle bit too. That or One Day Like This by Elbow - if we had an 'our song' it would probably be that, so we'll hopefully get to feature that somewhere too

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    LucyLastic ·
    • Hide content

I am walking in to Grow Old With Me by Tom O'Dell. I really wanted Arcade Fire, Wake Up but OH veto'd it!!

• Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

I think the vitamin string quartet version of lady gaga you and I

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Ahh vitamin string quartet - Id never heard of them til I joined Hitched but its their version of Hoppipolla Id like - havnt heard that Lady GaGa song but think all their renditions are grand!

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    BridetobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

How awesome is this forum!? I would've never heard about the vitamin string quartet if it wasn't for this thread (or others) and after a wuick google and look on you tube I've listened to their version so Coldplays Paradise (one of h2B's favourites)... It could be 'the one'!

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

Originally I was going to walk down to Amazed by Lonestar but when the pack from the registry office came through that was top of the list so I changed my mind (I like to a little different). Anyway, after a lot of browsing, we finally found an orchestral version of the Game of Thrones theme. It's our favourite book and show so I am now walking down the aisle to that.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

We're walking down together to 'Find Me' by Boyce Avenue.

• MrsHertfordshire
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsHertfordshire ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in a church and having an organist so I've gone for the bridal march - it reminds me of weddings obviously - but growing up too, like watching tv shows and films with my parents, my mum and I making my dad stop the car while put on a drive on a weekend each time we saw a wedding car, a bride and heard the music - I could go on.

All my friends have laughed at me and said it is too old fashioned and too daunting

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

I am going for the cheesiest entrance award.....suddenly by angry anderson!! I still cant quite believe h2b is allowing it....he is definately a keeper lol. Another bride on here is having it too but she has an even better w2b who has been trained to turn around at exactly the right point in the song. Im jealous.

re amazed.....we are having it during the register signing and I apologised when telling the registrar cos I guessed she must be sick of that song by now but I love it.

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

I hadnt thought about this i just assumed everyone walked to the bridal march! not been to alot of weddings in my 22 years lol

so ive just had a quick look on youtube and have fell head over heels in love with a string quartet version of your song and ive listend to it about 10 times already!

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

I have no clue! H2B is choosing it! He is in the army and away a lot so i've asked him to pick the aisle music and our first dance music as its something he can do away from home which is quite meaningful. Hopefully i will know a bit before the wedding so i can think about timing etc. for when the BMs walk down and then me with my dad.

For our first dance he's chosen Ellie Goulding's How Long Will I Love You ❤️ I would never have chosen it myself but now i've listened to it i'm really glad he has! I think if we were choosing together we would have ended with something I wanted and he wouldnt think about it. I like that he's chosen it himself.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I walked down the aisle to A Thousand Years by The Piano Guys - love their version

• Dilkara
    Beginner April 2015
    Dilkara ·
    • Hide content

A folk harp version of the bridal march. I couldn't imagine wanting anything else.

• RusticBride15
    Beginner June 2015
    RusticBride15 ·
    • Hide content

I will be walking down to Pachelbel's canon in d minor... I knew the moment OH proposed i would have this song, im currently training myself to listen to it and not cry my eyes out ? We shall be walking back up together to a version of Blue Moon, however OH cant decide which version

❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics