Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner

Walking down the aisle songs

HappyOrangeBridesmaid8057, 9 of May of 2020 at 00:45 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi, I'm due to get married in September (hopefully), we have a wedding singer from when the guests start arriving to the wedding breakfast. Originally I wanted How Long Will I Love You by Ellie Goulding to walk down the aisle to as our singer sung this the first time we heard/saw her and she sung it beautifully and everything about it seemed perfect i.e the tempo, lyrics etc. My fiancé has recently said that he thinks Your Song by Elton John would be better as that song has meaning to us and he feels that is important. I think he is right that it is important, but I'm worried that the song is too high tempo and I won't be able to walk to it in the slow, gracious way you imagine of a bride.

What do you think? Am I over thinking it?

Also, does anyone have any ideaa on another special point in the day before the breakfast that we could play Your Song that might feel better suited but still convey that meaning that my fiancé is looking for? We have our first dance song picked so it can't be that!

3 replies

Latest activity by HappyOrangeBridesmaid8057, 11 of May of 2020 at 22:19
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Chick

Both are great choices, why not try practicing to them both during the lockdown and see which one feels best for you?

I'm (eventually, after a 12 month postponement) going to walk in to "True Love" from the film "High Society" by Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly. Got to wait until next September now though! I'm concerned it might be a bit slow, but hey ho, it allows me to enjoy the moment all the more.

Ali xx

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Presumably you are walking back up the aisle after the marriage? Could you walk down the aisle to the slower one and back up to the higher tempo one? I think higher tempo would work for that, as it's kind of a triumphant 'yay we did it!' feeling to that first walk together as a married couple.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great suggestion and another opportunity (as the first dance is taken) is to enter the wedding breakfast to the Elton song.

• H
    Beginner
    HappyOrangeBridesmaid8057 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for that suggestion. I think we'll do that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics