Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2014

Walking stick!

SoontobeMrsR, 4 of April of 2014 at 15:01 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi ladies

i really need your help.

due to my disability I walk with a walking stick. My current stick is wooden and plan which is great for getting around but will look so conspicuous on the day it's getting me down. I hate having to use a stick, but have no option. I am going to practice and try to manage walking down the aisle with my dad as support so I won't need it then, but will never manage all day withou it.

Does anyone have any ideas for making the stick look pretty and girly??

i don't usually dwell on the negatives of my mobility problems but simply don't want the stick to be so obvious on the day.

any suggestions??

6 replies

Latest activity by Elixia, 4 of April of 2014 at 15:38
  • J
    Beginner April 2014
    julie26.04.14 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure your family and friends will be too busy admiring how stunning you are in your dress, and how happy and radiant you and your hubby to be look but if it's bugging you how about asking your florist to pretty it up with some ribbon and or flowers? x

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Is there not other sticks you can buy that might look nice? I feel daft thinking that but a friend of my sister in law has a stick with a snakes head and things at the top so I assumed there must be places you can get others?

I wouldn't worry about doing it up to look pretty or anything, everyone will be too busy looking at you and how lovely you look in your dress etc, I bet if you did they wouldn't even notice, I know I wouldn't Smiley smile

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content

Could you try and do something like this? (Can't make it any smaller sorry!) You could use flowers and maybe some ribbon that match your wedding colour scheme. It wouldn't hide your stick completely, but it would blend in better and at the end of the day I'm sure your family and friends will be much too busy looking at your beautiful dress and everything else to even notice your stick ?

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I think with turning your stick into a cool accessory will make you feel much better about it! Perhaps you could wrap it with ribbon the same colour as your dress, with perhaps a string of pearls or diamantes wrapped around on top? Or you could use your dress colour and your main wedding colour ribbon and have it looking like a candy cane or maybe silk flowers to match your bouquet glued to the ribbon? Do you have a wedding 'theme'? I reckon if you 'own it' as a part of your outfit (like a bouquet), it can become another fab addition to the aesthetics of the whole outfit Smiley smile Hope this helps, and might be best to borrow a gluegun to stick bits together seamlessly without damaging your walking stick for the day-to-day! Have fun with the decoration!!! Smiley smile

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

There's lots of pretty patterned sticks you can buy now. Check out ebay. But how about getting another wooden one, used, and paint it. tie a nice bow on it and/or stick diamantés or pearls on it. Hopefully you won't need it but you could have it on hand should you want it thru the day. X

• RebeccaTovey
    RebeccaTovey ·
    • Hide content

I know it's difficult, but try not to worry about it. Your friends and family will be used to you having a stick, and they probably won't even notice!

However, you can buy pretty sticks... I've seen them around some places... I can't think where at the mo but I'm sure if you have a search you could find something pretty. Alternatively you could have one custom painted? Check out etsy and notonthehigh street, and there's sure to be an artist that may be able to help :-)

What's your theme? You could maybe attach flowers or ribbons to match too.

Best of luck!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry about the stick at all, its all a part of you and who you are. I do think the hitchers here have made some cool suggestion like ribbons, flowers, lace and diamantes. But my suggestion would t be you, confident and style it out!

https://offbeatwed.com/new-jersey-dinosaur-wedding/

(seriously what wrong with my typing today! its like my brains stopped functioning!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics