Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

halloweeny
Beginner October 2013

Wall Colours/Lighting

halloweeny, 29 of October of 2014 at 11:45 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0

Having spent a year doing DIY and knackering ourselves out we thought we'd get our mate in to do the final job which was to paint our hallway. Before having it done we spent ages choosing the paint (wanted a light grey/neutral colour) and got testers which we put up in different sections of the hallway to check the colour was right. We finally went for 'Pebble Shore' (Dulux Colour).

It's just been finished and I hate the colour. It's turned out to be a very lilacy grey colour (I think taupe would describe it well?). Nowhere near what we wanted or thought it would look like and nothing like the little testers indicated it would be like. The paint was not off the shelve, but I'm not sure it's the shop's fault... We may just be rubbish at picking colours.

Anyway, I have noticed that it looks more lilac under one of the lights in the hallway than the other. So i'm guessing the type of light bulbs we have might make a difference.

Google tells me that there are different 'shades' of light emitted by light bulbs ranging from bright white, to blueish to yellow and apparently this affects what the colour looks like on your wall.

Anyone know which 'colour' light bulb i need to get to tone down the lilac?

it clashes with the wooden floor and just looks wrong.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics