Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner June 2012

Want to change my venue but what about registrars?

Hcrook85, 25 February, 2012 at 19:30 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi Guys,

This weekend has been a major stress and im feeling pretty de-flated.

We had originally booked our wedding ceremony at the local registry office due to financial issues. I was never completly happy about this and wanted to have my wedding ceremony where we are having our reception (this is possible)

Now we want to change our wedding venue to the wedding reception venue. This shouldn't be a problem but im completely confused about what happens in regards to the registrar? We have paid for the registrar and the ceremony at the registry office... can this be transferred over or would we need to re-book a registrar? Im worried that we wont be able to do this Smiley sad

Advice would be muchly appreciated!!!

4 replies

Latest activity by Hcrook85, 26 February, 2012 at 16:53
  • Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

If its the same district, it should be transferrable - otherwise I'm not sure. I would give them a call and ask what their policy is.

• H
    Beginner June 2012
    Hcrook85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Tray,

Thank you Smiley smile It is in the same district and unfortunatly I cannot get hold of the registrar until monday. I really hope we can transfer it!!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Most registry offices charge more (often quite a lot more) to have a registrar come out to a venue than to do the ceremony at the registry office, so you may well have to pay extra for this, even if they allow you to "transfer" your booking.

If you have given notice already, you may also need to do it again for your new venue, and pay again for that.

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

You will need to check asap with the registrars. Usually there are different teams for RO and outside weddings so whilst the RO team may have vacancies the outside team may not. Has your reception venue got a licence for civil ceremonies? Also, as mentioned earlier if you have already given notice you will need to do so again for the new venue. Thats £67. Maybe an admin fee to amend booking and then the extra cost for the registrars to go to you.

• H
    Beginner June 2012
    Hcrook85 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you guys, In am going to chase it up with them tommorow. Im aware of the financial implications and our wedding reception venue is also licensed for ceremonies. Wish me luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics