Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tigsy87
Beginner June 2018

Want to sell my dress - advice

Tigsy87, 22 of June of 2016 at 09:37 Posted on Planning 0 3

Ok so I have decided that my dress isn't "the one". It was £1800 and I have only £200 left to pay. Deposit was £1000. If I decide not to proceed with the dress am I entitled to my money back (minus the deposit of course) or have I lost it all?

Unsure of where to even start selling it, and not sure how popular it would be and how quick it would sell.

I have attached pictures just for people see xx

3 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 27 of June of 2016 at 14:11
  • Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I love this dress, similar style to the one I've gone for. What's made you change your mind? Would the shop let you transfer the funds onto another dress? xx

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Usually deposits are non-refundable. Do you have any paper work or contract for it. It should explain it all in there

• Tigsy87
    Beginner June 2018
    Tigsy87 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the delay in replying, I didn't get any notifications lol!

I just don't think the dress is for me, my mum loved it and I think that's what swayed me, I just wanted her to love the dress. A shop close to me has my dream dress (the one I originally wanted but my mum wasn't sure) and in the colour I want and they are willing to sell it to me for £500 less as its a sample (but in excellent condition).

So I am trying it on on 16th July and I am hoping that it fits me (its a size 8-10 and the dress above I have in a 10). But I am working out to lose some weight, so hoping it fits!

I now just don't know what to do about the dress above :-( My mum gave me some money towards it so would love to be able to pay her that back but don't know how easy it will be to sell. xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Speak to the shop and see what the position is. I'm sure your mum just wants yu to have a dress you love I would.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics