Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2023 Hampshire

Wanting my nieces as flower girls

Suzy, 19 of December of 2022 at 16:09 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 2
It’s a long story however I no longer speak to my Mum. Because of this my sister is being weird with me and won’t let me see my nieces as much. I would really like to have all my nieces as flower girls for our wedding next year but unsure if it will happen. My fiancé doesn’t want my sister there as she’s been quite horrific towards myself in terms of taking my mothers side of the argument… essentially my mum is dating someone dangerous and I have stood up to her about it all. Is it wrong if I go through my nieces fathers (there’s a few different dads my sister is no longer with)? Will my sister still try to sabotage them coming perhaps? I just want to see my beautiful nieces I love them so much any advice would be appreciated ❤️

2 replies

Latest activity by LnWax, 21 of December of 2022 at 02:55
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Please don't try to get your nieces to attend your wedding if you think their mother would be against it. This is not only likely to cause stress between the parents of the children, which could impact on the girls, but there is also a strong possibility that their mother will stop it happening last minute, which would be far more distressing for you than if you had accepted months earlier that they wouldn't be there.

I think that the best thing to do is to contact your sister and ask if she will agree to them coming. It sounds as if you both care about your mother, you just have different views on how to show it. Is there any way you can agree to differ on this topic and not discuss it any more? Then you might be able to patch up the relationship, at least enough for your nieces to be able to attend your wedding.

• S
    Beginner June 2023 Hampshire
    Suzy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I was meant to see my nieces this week and have been amicable with my sister but she has blocked myself. She came along to my engagement party and had agreed to bring the nieces , as it was a family event and so I thought they’d have fun. Unfortunately my sister did not bring them and said they were ‘unwell’. It hurt a lot and now I am blocked and cannot see them. I worry that I will not see them until they are much older xxx thank you for your advice and I will try speak with her about it but I think maybe it won’t happen which is sad as I know my nieces would have had a lot of fun with all the other children going

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics