Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NicolaT88
Beginner October 2014

Warbrook House, Hampshire

NicolaT88, 4 February, 2013 at 21:02 Posted on Planning 0 21

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this venue. Know anyone thats got married here? Good or bad would love to here how people have found it?

N

x

21 replies

Latest activity by NicolaT88, 10 February, 2013 at 18:24
  • Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

I've shot a wedding there and it's quite nice. The shot from the end of the water is a must have but takes a while to get there.

Generally inside it's great, the staff are really good too and the grounds are excellent.

The only two things I personally found an issue was that the wedding breakfast area looked a little corporate. It was a March wedding so there wasn't any natural light coming in, so was 'just a room'.

They were married at the House also, in the same room and they were stood directly underneath a halogen spotlight. It wasn't pretty to be honest, there were halogen spots all the way down the aisle that created hotspots on the bride and grooms head.

If I were to go back to shoot again I would specifically ask for these to be turned off...and I would strongly say anyone else needs to do the same if it's in that room. It's the only thing that let me down and honestly if they can't turn them off the bulbs need to be pulled out.

If you'd like to see a catalog of photos from their wedding I'll send you the details and password.

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

I nearly booked here but decided against it as OH wasn't keen on the room logistics and the fact that as it was a Friday so there would be corporate delegates hanging about. I did like the drive up and certain pics opportunities that Giles mentioned..

• NicolaT88
    Beginner October 2014
    NicolaT88 ·
    • Hide content

Funnily enough it's my OH that's picked up on these little things such as lights and dividing doors! For this reason I thought it would be good to get second opinions. Chris, thanks its really useful to get a photographers opinion as we want the best shots possible. Would love to see those photos please. Cherry, went to see it today and the drive up was definitely a good start to the visit! It's beautiful! N x
  • Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

I live opposite there ?

It's a lovely venue and have delivered the Post Box there a few times.

Have you also looked at Rivervale Barn about 10 minutes down the road? That is my DREAM venue ?

Nat

• NicolaT88
    Beginner October 2014
    NicolaT88 ·
    • Hide content

Nat, we looked at Rivervale Barn first and we both fell in love! However it put us off that there was no accommodation for guests and then they seemed to be asking for a lot of money rather quickly, its taken me a while to get over that one cos I was convinced it was the one!

Nicola

x

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Awwww no! That's not good. It's THE most amazing venue. There is accommodation options at Casa De Cesari which is what a lot of my couples do when booking there.

The Casa is also a lovely venue ?

Nat

• NicolaT88
    Beginner October 2014
    NicolaT88 ·
    • Hide content

Yes we looked at Casa for guests to stay in but I thought it would be a shame that all our guests would go back there and we wouldn't be able to join them

N

x

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

You have to admit though, the bridal suite at Rivervale is pretty special ?

Sorry, I've taken this WAY off topic now ?

Nat

• NicolaT88
    Beginner October 2014
    NicolaT88 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah it definitely was and for that reason we were so closed to going for it!

N

x

• Hide content

Just sent you the link and password Tiley88

Hope that helps.

• F
    Beginner April 2013
    FutureMrsWilliams ·
    • Hide content

We fell in love with Rivervale and even put a date on hold but in the end felt it was too pricey and a bit restricted.

We have gone for the Barn at Bury Court instead - which is a bit further out but has an even better feel (in my biased opinion Smiley smile )! We loved the fact we could do our own bar and the caterers are lovely and have lots of options.

We are all heading back into Farnborough to stay and have recommended several hotels for our guests.

• Hide content

The Barn at Bury Court is fab FMW, I have a gallery for that too.

When I was there last year all the fields were bright yellow.

• ImagineIt
    Beginner December 2012
    ImagineIt ·
    • Hide content

De Vere venues are really nice & you will be looked after. My venue was Highfield Park in Heckfield. Lovely place & the staff were amazing.xx

• Hide content
    View quoted message

And the church is only a stones throw away too.

• NicolaT88
    Beginner October 2014
    NicolaT88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks chris, i'll take a look!

fmw we did exactly the same thing with rivervale we held a date and everything but it is just unrealistic to ask for so much money.

we really want rooms for our guest on site now that weve started looking again.

we booked a visit to highfield park but they cancelled the morning of the visit so it put us off a bit but maybe we'll have a look now.

n

x

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

There is also Tylney Hall, Elvetham Hotel both GORGEOUS venues.

• ImagineIt
    Beginner December 2012
    ImagineIt ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't recommend Highfield Park enough! We had the best day. I didn't have to worry about anything & they looked after us so well. Everything was done perfectly! They are really flexible with things too & won't push you to have things you don't want. They also have a really good Sunday wedding package (which we used) which really helped our finances.

The church is literally next door or you can marry in the hotel too. There's a choice of rooms as well to marry in. (& the Folly outside for summer weddings) The staff are lovely & the food is fab too. One of the girls I work with has booked her wedding there too this year as she was so impressed.

Oh & don't be afraid to negotiate with them either to get the best deal for you.

Jenxx

• NicolaT88
    Beginner October 2014
    NicolaT88 ·
    • Hide content

Jen,

Were definitely going to rearrange a visit now, that recommendation says it all!

Price is a big thing for us, we're not a hugely tight budget but we want to save all that we can so we'll definitely bargain with them. We're also coming round to the idea of a Sunday wedding as well now as the prices do seem more reasonable.

Nicola

x

• Hide content

I just sent you a gallery for Highfield park too Tiley

• NicolaT88
    Beginner October 2014
    NicolaT88 ·
    • Hide content

Well aren't you just a little bit good! So helpful, thank you!

Think I prefer Warbrook House but will definitely check it out

Nicola

x

• D
    Beginner June 2013
    Donnamarie77 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Tilley we are getting married at Warbrook House in June. It is also a Friday wedding. We were also told about the possibility of corporate delegates but took the view that most companies try to avoid Fridays for such events and that those that do have meetings on a Friday they are usually over by lunch time. Yes the same room is used for ceremony and reception but does this really matter? The room is turned around by the staff and its not something you will have to worry about. The grounds are beautiful, the venue is clean, the accommodation for guests is affordable (this was one of our main criteria), the bar prices are reasonable and we are really looking forward to getting married there. X

• NicolaT88
    Beginner October 2014
    NicolaT88 ·
    • Hide content

Think were pretty set on Warbrook House now. We visited Highfield today which was nice but I just didnt like it as much as Highfield Park. DonnaMarie, Did you manage to get any price reduction or did you even attempt??

When are you getting married??

Nicola

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics