Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Warning about Debenhems wedding gift lists!

28 of July of 2016 at 18:06 Posted on Planning 0 4

Looked at my friend's gift list on the Debenhams website earlier on this week and had decided on a teapot priced about £60. When I went to buy it yesterday the price was up at over £70! When I phoned up customer services they said that their sale had finished and this was why the price had went up. He did say he would refund the difference to my card after I placed the order but would've thought the prices would've been fixed on a wedding gift list.

4 replies

Latest activity by soraneko, 30 of July of 2016 at 23:03
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

On the other hand, your guests gain if they buy during a sale so it is fair.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

Fair play to the prices going up after the sale, but you're right - they should make sure you know it's a sale price at that time so you have the opportunity to buy at that moment.

Although not sure I would pay £60 for a teapot!

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

Not just Debenhams, we had a John Lewis list and I had fun watching prices moving around as the weeks went on.

We probably benefited from this, as we bought our 'left over' bits (most of the list...) during the clearance sale AND we had the added benefit of the Customer Service team bending over backwards to source our items - they've actually been amazing (slightly off topic, sorry...)

But yeah, lesson learnt, I guess! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics