Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ajdown
VIP September 2011

Warning: Bella Sposa (Epsom) and Infinita Bridal (Caterham) gone under

ajdown, 18 November, 2010 at 08:33 Posted on Planning 0 7

I hope that none of you lovely ladies are dealing with either of the above shops as they appear to have finally expired.

https://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/archive/2010/11/15/News_Croydon+(news)/8637700.Brides__devastated__by_wedding_shops__sudden_closure/

We had terrible trouble with my b2b's bridesmaids dress for her sister's wedding earlier in the year through Infinita, and although I am in some ways glad that the shop has closed so that others don't have to go through the same hassle we had, I also feel for those affected who are now left in 'la rue de la ***' as they say in France.

7 replies

Latest activity by ajdown, 22 November, 2010 at 14:05
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Just as a follow up, I've heard that BBC Radio Surrey are looking to interview brides currently awaiting dresses etc from this store, on Monday (22 Nov)

Contact ****.******@***.**.** or **** 325 if you can help.

• L
    Beginner July 2010
    littlesmileyone ·
    • Hide content

Yes I contacted the Epsom Guardian last night having only just been told about the report. We dealt with both shops and were disgustingly treated - finances all wrong, then my dress was 5 months late, the bridesmaid dresses (although ordered 7 months before the wedding) came 8 days before with alterations needed, and there were no waistcoats or suits in the type or coloured ordered 48 hours before our wedding - my famliy spent the following day searching for replacements! WHat a joke. The men wore what was cobbled together and thank to family, looked great, but not in the original colur scheme of our whole wedding.

The reporter at the Guardian says that they are not running any more stories on him at the moment, but that the lady mentioned above would be grateful to hear any stories.

We contacted WAtchdog back in July, and feel that everyone affected should, as this man should never be able to wreck anyone else's one n a lifetime day. He needs to be featured but will only be if lots of us come forward. None of us need this hassle but I feel for the sake of others, that he should never be allowed to do this again.

The interesting thing is that when we first looked at them as a supplier, we were concerened as there used to be an Infinita in Epsom Upper High Street but it went out of business, then Bella Sposa appeared a while later - interesting all had the same phone number!

Reappearing again ??? Probably, let's hope he doesn't this time, as it would be disastrous for other brides to be.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Victoria Middleton is down as a director of "Brides of Caterham" which was registered at Companies House on 28th January 2010 with the same registered address as Infinita.

The Bridal Group (Surrey) Ltd was registered at Companies House on 27th January 2010 with the same registered address as Infinita and currently active (they haven't had a year yet to be able to fall foul of failing to provide accounts etc on time as required by law, as some of the past companies involved with Lee and Victoria Middleton.

However, Bridal Group Ltd, registered 20th June 2009 at Companies House is currently under a 'proposal to strike off' which effectively means closed.

What a tangled little web Lee Middleton seems to have weaved for himself. Hopefully with the local newspapers, BBC Radio Surrey (and the help of some debt collectors I've noticed looking for him too) they will eventually catch up with him and put him well out of harm's way from ruining any more bride's big days.

Sorry to hear that you had problems too - sadly we are not alone, if the discussion I had with the local paper about them being "inundated" with complaints has anything to go by. Thankfully we managed to get our issue resolved with a full refund - but I do know that many have not been so lucky.

Back in June, Infinita's windows got broken - supposedly "random vandalism" they told the paper but I can't help but wonder whether it was actually connected with another disgruntled customer?

I think he would be very, very stupid to come back with another wedding company to play the same game as the cat is well and truly out of the bag now, and he will be exposed sooner rather than later.

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Ajdown, great research. Right behind you on this one. Caterham and Epsom are just up the road from me.... I hope that people manage to get their money back - I think that bad publicity is probably the most effective thing you can do!

• D
    Beginner
    Daff19 ·
    • Hide content

That Epsom shop was next on my list if I hadn't found a dress in the first shop I went to, that was rather a lucky escape!
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Lucky indeed. When we were in there for our showdown, there was another person inside the shop having the same problem as us - we thought we were just unlucky but it seems that we are far from alone in having problems with the shop.

As I posted earlier, there should be something some time monday morning on BBC Radio Surrey which I hope to capture and if so will post it on here.

• H
    Beginner
    HF ·
    • Hide content

I have also emailed full details to Charlie Mole at the newspaper, yesterday. Shame they are not going to press on with this. I think they need to do a massive scoop on them. I have also contacted Watchdog ages ago - maybe you are one of the people I suggested to contact Watchdog on one of the review sites? Iv'e been campaigning! Watchdog have yet to take this up but since the shop has closed down, maybe they will now take this up. Especially if they are inundated with complaints.

I will try to contact the lady above as well but as I've already had my wedding, I'm not sure how much she would want my story.

Wedding August 2009 - suits completely wrong a couple of days prior to the wedding. We also had to go elsewhere for suits and found Hugh Harris, who, although more expensive, fitted my boys in and provided better suits and made sure everyone fitted their suits perfectly 2 business days prior to our wedding. Hugh Harris were a saviour and great. We have had no luck through small claims court or contacts with Infinita. I wish we could have had a refund because he just ignored us and was apparently going to send us a solicito's letter detailing how we were not eligible for a refund. Of course we didn't get this, but we also found it difficult to contact him after this, even when he said he would conclude in 5 days. He makes me so angry. They were officially Virtous Woman Ltd when we paid for suits and changed soon after so were Bridal Group whilst we got married. I think this is a clever ploy to avoid liability, as we can only really go through the Ltd company. Maybe this is why the other Ltd companies are also open. He had about 6 companies for suit hire and car etc as well.

I too am upset that others are in a worse position but I am so glad they have gone under. I hope he never trades again. Please - everyone go to watchdog and even the paper - if there's enough on it, they may do something.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I think we probably have met somewhere in the discussions - don't worry, I'm on the case too and keeping a close eye out for anything Lee Middleton might be involved in regarding weddings in the future - and will make sure Charlie knows all about it.

I've tracked down about half a dozen names so far for bridal shops at this same address - I wonder how many times he's actually pulled this trick?

BBC Surrey was pathetic this morning, by the way.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics