Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mustard_mitt
Beginner September 2015

Warwickshire brides - venue advice

mustard_mitt, 10 of January of 2014 at 12:36

Posted on Planning 45

Hello to all the other Warwickshire-based brides to be! We are looking at venues in the area and have asked for information from the following venues: Wethele Manor Farm Wroxall Abbey Estate Kenilworth Castle Ettington Park Stoneleigh Abbey Warwick House Mythe Barn Royal Shakespeare Company Saxon...

Hello to all the other Warwickshire-based brides to be! We are looking at venues in the area and have asked for information from the following venues:

Wethele Manor Farm

Wroxall Abbey Estate

Kenilworth Castle

Ettington Park

Stoneleigh Abbey

Warwick House

Mythe Barn

Royal Shakespeare Company

Saxon Mill

Ashorne Hill

Firstly has anyone had their wedding at one of these venues, would anyone recommend any venue in particular? We haven't visited any yet but we are going to an Open Day for Ettington Park next Sunday. I would be grateful to hear people's opinions, both good and bad.

45 replies

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will soon! Smiley smile

Do you have any ideas on colour scheme etc yet? Smiley smile

• mustard_mitt
    Beginner September 2015
    mustard_mitt ·
    • Hide content

Only that there won't be one. I'm not into "themes", I don't want set colours, I want a vivid rainbow of colour ?

And no pastels. They're just not me.

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

Nice. You'll like their uplighters in the marquee then - you can have every colour under the sun! Smiley laugh

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Can anyone tell me how much they paid for Wethele Manor? We got quoted £10,000 but thought this seemed extortionate. As it happens we found somewhere we liked better but am curious!

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

We paid a few £k over that for hire, 3 course steak meals, service, linen, unlimited canapes for 130 people and all 11 rooms - I wonder if they made a mistake on your quote?

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Perhaps alabasta, ours was for completely dry hire as far as I could tell but maybe I was mistaken! Our original budget was that amount for everything so got dismissed on that first then on finding our venue second! Was lovely though!

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

yes, it is lovely Smiley smile
    you must be excited about yours though! am jealous of all you planners now mine is over - I have *serious* withdrawal!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

I'm feeling the excitement come and go in waves atm, am feeling very end-of-termy and waiting for summer holidays so I can get some DIY bits done! Will definietly miss it when it's all over!

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

I've started DIYing friends' weddings - I NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP! Smiley laugh

• mustard_mitt
    Beginner September 2015
    mustard_mitt ·
    • Hide content

Like alabastamasta I found the Wethele quote within what we expected for a venue like that. A similar venue quoted us £22,000 for pretty much the same as Wethele offered us. Inside I was ?, but my poker face remained intact. We thought Wethele was much nicer anyway, so it was win/win as far as we were concerned!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics